One love

Hello people.. Hope this new'ish love and revenge story about avneil is going down well with all. Pls keep your votes and comments going as I enjoy them as much as I enjoy writing this! :)

----------------

As soon as Avni closed the door post Neil's departure, she stood there with her back on the door for sometime. She closed her eyes and imagined Neil's face looking concerned about her. She opened her eyes and they were moist. Suddenly she shook her head and said to herself - "Ye mujhe kya ho raha hai.. I am getting distracted from my goal. My goal is to ensure that no happiness ever reaches the doorsteps of Dayawanti Mehta's household, even if it is Riya's marriage with Neil Khanna."(What's happening to me)

Avni involuntarily imagined Neil's strong arms offering her support and then his arm wrapped around her waist ensuring she reaches her home safely. She was a very good girl from the inside, she was her mother's child. It hurt her to use a good person like Neil but she had no other option. Her personal choices could not shadow her judgment now! She had to take revenge, it was the only thing that provided meaning to her life. Avni had grown up, had spent each day all these years burning in the fire of putting Dayawanti down, bringing her to her knees, destroying her life, and maybe.. maybe killing her! Fire burned in Avni's eyes as she recalled Dayawanti's treatment of her and her mother Ayesha. She trembled in anger as she thought about Dayawanti killing her mom and shooting her. She relived the last days she spent with Neela ma before she left Avni in this world to go to a better place. Avni had no one to call her own. And only and only one thing provided her life some meaning, gave her some solace. It was REVENGE.

Avni - "Nahi. Mujhe Dayawanti ki barbaadi chahiye, aur uske liye mujhe kuch bhi karna pade to main karungi. Neil ka dil todna pade to wo bhi karungi. I do not have the luxury to love and to act like a teenager. Mera lakshya, mere jeene ka maksad bas ek hi hai. Badla!"(No. I want dayawantis destruction and for that I'll do whatever is needed. I'll break Neil's heart if it comes to that....my objective, the reason I'm alive is only revenge)

On the other hand, Neil was still walking the distance to the hospital where his car was. He had not even thought of taking a cab back as his mind was elsewhere! Neil was the happiest he had been in many days, maybe months. Ananya's pretty innocent face was not leaving the eyes of his mind. He had even carried on a couple of prospective conversations with her in his head! Each time he had realised what he was imagining and he used to shake his head, smiling.

And then his eyes grew serious. He thought about his engagement with Riya, Dayawanti Mehta's grand-daughter. His mom had wanted him to marry Riya and he had said yes. After Juhi's death he did not want to do anything for many months and he put all his soul and concentration in his career. Neil was amazed he could think about Juhi's death without feeling a gaping hole in his heart now, maybe he was getting over it, or maybe it was just a chance meeting with Ananya that was changing him for the better!

For the first time after Juhi's death and after saying yes to getting married with Riya, Neil felt happy, really light and happy. Finally he had something of his own to be happy for! Neil did not realise when he started talking to himself - "Neil.. apply some brakes to your thoughts! tum deewane ho rahe ho.. Sambhal jao. You do not even know where this is leading to! Heck, you don't even know Ananya. You dont know what she feels about you. But she asked me for coffee, SHE ASKED ME OUT FOR COFFEE.."(You're becoming crazy in love..relax.)

And Neil's monologue stopped there as he again was lost in his dreams and had suppressed his voice of reason in the sudden rush and excitement of his affection towards Ananya, or what he was thinking to be affection.

Neil had reached his car now and called his junior but loyal police constable DD from his cell - "DD.. Get my car sent to the garage, it has been under an accident"

DD who was in the police station then, widened his eyes as he said - "Sirji.. aap thik to ho?"(Boss are you OK K?)

Neil - "I am alright DD. I hit a girl though. But she is fine. I will meet her again tomorrow and check if she is doing fine."

DD - "OK sir ji. Car ka repair ho jayega, I am sending you another police car to pick you up from the location sir"(car will be repaired)

Neil kept the phone and went to the backseat to get some stuff that he had kept there before they took the car for repair. There he saw one dainty anklet lying on the seat. He took it in his hands and realised that it was Ananya's. Neil slid his fingers through the jewelry. It was possibly a silver anklet and had blue gemstones adorning it. He smiled as he kept on holding it. He wanted to check on Ananya soon but did not know on what pretext to see her. Now God had thrown a reason right in his hands!

Soon the car arrived and on reaching home Neil wished his Mom and Bebe who were bickering in the hall as usual. After all it was another normal day in his household! His dad was away on business. His mom asked Neil to come to dinner but Neil had something else on his mind, he gave an excuse saying he needed to change his clothes and went upstairs to his home.

Neil lived in a posh bunglaw in a good part of the town, as his dad was an eminent businessman. Neil loved his dad but always wanted to carve out a niche for himself! He was a self-disciplined and self-made man and he wanted to prove it. Hence he chose to join the IPS (Indian Police Service). Neil had passed the exams with flying colors and had trained harder than everyone else. His fiance Juhi had succumbed to an accident while he was appearing for the training in the academy but that tragedy and grief was channeled by Neil to push himself harder in the training. As a result, Neil passed out at the top of his class!

He was also awarded leading cadet awards in several domains such as strategy skills, driving, physical training and hand to hand combat. He had received a lot of accomplishments after that by growing quickly in his career but he had never focused on his personal life after that. He had left his marriage in the hands of his parents. Dayawanti was a rich lady, another successful businesswoman like his dad. She came to his dad with the request of Neil and Riya's marriage and his dad could not refuse as his wife Shweta lapped it up with both hands!

Shweta liked Riya, she was modern and stylish, everything Shweta had aspired to be when she was younger and even now.. Shweta was a bit snobbish, fake and a show off. But Prakash, Neil's dad loved her to bits even though his mom Bebe did not! Neil was neutral in all conflicts as he was far too sorted to put his mind to any controversies at home. He was more like Prakash and kept his work as his priority.

But now his priority was going to change, or so thought Neil as he against pulled out Ananya's anklet from his pocket and smiled absent-mindedly looking at it.