Hey you!

Hi everyone.. I just saw yesterday's episode. And i dislike Neil submitting his past love for Juhi to Avni so much. For God's sake, why is he acting like a devdas over juhi! He has Avni right! Anyways I hope this is just over. I felt post Neil was hospitalised and then when Avni moved in with him, they had some of the best scenes together! Damn!

Anyways continuing with our fan fic as that seems to be a better way to express one's wishes than the ongoing tv story line :(

And guys.. do continue with your votes and comments. I look forward to it as much as you look forward to a new update! :D

--------------------------------------------

Neil kept on visiting Avni daily. After a couple of days, they wheeled her out of the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) to a private room. As soon as they allowed an attendant to sleep in the patient's room, Neil took his position upon the couch in Avni's room.

Avni was a bit defensive about the requirement to do so.

She told Neil - "Neil.. I do not need anybody to take care of me. And there are nurses right? Thanks to you and Prakash dad, I am getting the best room in one of the best hospitals here. What more do I need?!"

Neil smiled as he said - "Hey you Ms. Self dependent. I know that you do not need anyone. However, I think I need some company. Wo kya hai na.. Aajkal I am overthinking.. And staying with you will make me dumb and stop thinking altogether!" (..It is like this..Nowadays I am overthinking..)

Avni's eyes grew narrower at this and she would have thrown a pillow at Neil had she been able to do so.. As of now she could not afford to break the stitches in her stomach and shoulder. So she just fumed at him and kept quiet.

It was the first night that Neil spent with her in the same room in a long while. He saw how she still took painkiller injections every few hours and he flinched. He saw how she smiled despite all the discomforts she faced during bandage changes. Even though husbands were allowed to be in the same room during sponge bath, Neil used to leave for the sake of Avni's comfort. It seemed the nurses had also taken a liking to Avni, due to her good natured comments in this adversity she was facing. She was a very positive patient unlike most of the others they had seen. They thought she was so happy as her husband was with her all this while. However neither Avni, nor Neil realised this simple fact which was so apparent to all the third party outsiders.

Avni was actually happy talking to Neil all this while. She still felt a lot of love for him, but these moments were not awkward. And she was still happy with her decision and the way Neil had uncomplicated it by accepting it and yet staying with her to help her out. He was a true friend, she felt... and she expected nothing less from him..

Avni was able to eat her food through her mouth now instead of the feeding tubes and Neil was helping her with her dinner. As expected, Avni would make a face every now and then about how bland the food was and how she would rather stay hungry than eat this! Neil used to smile patiently and continue feeding her in small spoonfuls!

Avni at last putting her foot down on the dinner plate - "Neil. Bas please.. This food is a torture. I am done. I cannot eat anymore" (Bas = enough)

Neil - "Achha madam. But main to bhookha hoon na abhi.." (ok madam. but i am hungry even now)

Avni looked at him questioningly.

Neil clarified - "When my task of feeding the patient is over, then only I can turn to my food. Now you know how diligent I am with all my work! If you dont eat it all, I cannot go to my dinner! It is ok, I can stay hungry for a while..". And then he took a deep dramatic sigh and started looking elsewhere.

Avni put her hand on her forehead - "Neil.. Tumko drama company mein hona chahiye tha!" (You should have been in a drama / theatre group)

But then she touched his hand holding the spoon and he looked at her.. Avni gestured him to continue feeding the spoonfuls to her. Neil grinned shining his entire set of teeth at his victory and happily started the process. Avni used to make face still but she did not complain again about the food.