Ch.18

She started walking away, but I followed her and grabbed her arm. She turned around and slapped me in my face.

'Asshole!' She shouted.

'Okay, I deserve this, but Carolina I never ever lied about my feelings for you. They're real.'

'You know what. I thought I found the love of my life. You don't lie to the people you love, Ni- I mean Agustín.' She said with tears rolling down both her cheecks.

'Carolina, please, why don't you give us one more chance?' I asked while I started crying as well.

'You knew how bad we all felt about your fake dead. You could've told us from the day you arrived here!' She started screaming. She took of my jacket and threw it towards my face.

I took it of the ground and as I looked up, I saw her walking away. Then I turned around again. Maxi was still there. He was laughing and clapping his hands.

'Great show, I almost believed you were crying for real. Agus, what happened dude?' He said. I went towards him and  hit him very hard in his face with my fist. He fell on the ground and grabbed his nose. It was bleeding.

He stood up and grabbed my neck with his hands. I started running out of breath. Then he let go and I fell on the ground. I could finally fill my lungs with air again. Maxi stepped away.

Where should I go? Carolina hates me... Maxi could kill me. I decided to go to the park, the tree. All the cards, letters, photos were gone. Carolina probably went here first, before she went home. I sat against the tree.

My neck was hurting terribly. It was dark, it was midnight. I saw shadows everywhere. It was cold, so I put on my jacket. It still smelled a bit like her...

***

I woke up and saw people, strangers, staring at me.

'Are you okay?' They asked.

I stood up and just walked away. Tired, cold and hungry. But worst of all, I miss Carolina already. I never saw her like this: screaming, crying, slapping.

She hates me, forever. I lost her, forever. I didn't even care about my fight with Maxi.

I saw Michael walking in the park. I tried to stay unoticed, but he saw me and walked towards me.

'Well, I must admit, you did what only Jesus could, return from dead.' He smiled.

'Wait... you're not mad?' I asked him very confused.

'Actually, we were even happy. Now I get the chance to say sorry. I can't understand how terrible you must've felt, that you even faked suicide notes.' He said, with a crack of emotion in his voice.

'I wish Carolina thought the same. She hates me, Michael. I lost her.' A tear rolled down my face.

'Don't say that. Fight for her. If someone's able to fight for something, it's you. You're strong, Agustín.' He said and he smiled.

'Please, just say Agus. It scares me to hear you say Agustín again.' We both laughed.

'Come with me. Valentina and I would love to talk with you.'

I hope you liked this chapter. Leave opinions in the comments and don't forget to vote. xxx