Ch.3

The next morning I was heading to the bakery. Maxi was still sleeping at our room and I didn't want to wake him. When I reached the building, a girl with long brown hair walked outside the bakery.

'Hey.' I said a bit insecure.

'Hello?' She said. She sounded a bit scared. 'You look familiar. Do I know you?'

I couldn't believe my ears and my eyes. It was Carolina. My all-time school crush. She was still as beautiful as I remember.

'I don't think so. This is the first time we meet.' I answered. I didn't want to scare her even more by saying I am Agustin. I wrote my fifth suicide note for her.

'Oh, I probably got it wrong then.' She said. She wanted to walk away.

'Can I get your phone number?' I shouted.

'Why?' She asked.

'I don't know... I thought...'

She interrupted me: 'I won't give it to you. Maybe we'll see each other again. Then let's call this faith.' She said and she winked. Then she turned around and walked away.

So she likes me? I mean she winked at me. And calls us "faith". I don't believe in faith, but I believe in her. I decided to follow her, very quiet.

She walked over a bridge towards a large and beautiful tree. There were flowers, candles and cards. She put a kiss on a picture and then she left.

After she left I went towards the tree. I was reading out loud. 'Rest in peace beautiful angel. Gone, but never forgetten. Agustín.' I almost got an heart attack.

Beautiful angel? Rest in peace? They never forgot me. My fake suicide is already four years ago and they're still praying for me. And Carolina? I took the picture she kissed. It was an old school picture of me. I was just 15 years old.

I was so different back then

I was so different back then. Maybe that's the reason they don't know me, because I changed. A letter took over my attention.

'Dear Agustín,
Words can't describe how bad we feel. We lost a beautiful soul and that's all our fault. Every single day we think of you. We feel so sorry for all the things we did. We wish you were still here and we could tell you how much we care... Forever in our hearts, sending our prayers to heaven.
K M V R.'

It's from my bullies. What the actual f*ck? They care, they really care. I wanted to cry and scream that I'm still alive, but it would ruin everything. How am I supposed to take revenge on people who feel so sorry. I sat down on the grass and stared at the tree. It was beautiful.

'Do you know him?' A soft voice said from behind. I looked up and saw Carolina. She sat down next to me.

'I don't. What happened to this kid?' I asked about myself.

'He killed himself four years ago, when he was 19. Some kids in our school bullied him.' Her eyes became wet.

'And you? Do you know him very good?' I asked. I kind of felt guilty. I was lying straight to her face.

'He wrote me a note, on the same day he killed himself. It said: 'Carolina. I want you to know that you were the only reason I doubted my suicide. You were the only reason I still enjoyed going to school a little bit. But I'm done... I love you although you'll never love a loser like me.' After she said that she started crying a little bit.

'You know stranger, those last words keep on repeating themselfs in my head at night. "A loser like me". Sometimes I come here to talk to his picture and tell him that I love him too.'

'Wait? You do?' I asked very impressed.

'Ofcourse, he's our beautiful angel, resting in heaven.' She said. 'Stranger, what is your name?' She asked.

For a minute I wanted to tell her. My name is Agustin Bernasconi, but I couldn't. I was way too weak to tell Carolina the truth.

'My name is Nick.' I made up. She gave me a piece of paper with her phone number on it.

'Meeting you again at our tree is faith, stranger.' She winked, stood up and left.

It scared me to see that people think I'm dead. Did I make the right choise back then? By writing those notes? I also stood up and walked away. I turned around many times to watch the tree one last time. It was beautiful, a true act of kindness.

This is the 3th chapter of my story. I hope you liked it, if you did put it in the comments and leave a vote. Hope you enjoy this story so far. Bye.