Ch.17

I opened my eyes very slow. I noticed my arms laying around Carolina's naked waist. She was holding my hands, so I couldn't wake up without waking her.

Then I heard how she tried to turn over. She let go my hands and turned around with her face towards me.

'Good morning, love.' She whispered. I came closer to her and gave her a morning kiss. Then I caressed her cheeck with my hand.

'I have to go.' I whispered. Her smile dissapeared.

'Really?' She asked a bit sad.

'Yes. I need to get Maxi out of the hospital today.' I said.

'Okay, I'll bring you.' We stood up and first took a shower together. Then we put on clothes and took a breakfast.
We stepped inside Carolina's car and drove to the hospital.

We went inside the building. I approached the doctor.

'I'm here for Maxi Espindola.' I said. He took me to Maxi's room. He was still sleeping. Carolina grabbed my hand and we looked at Maxi through the window.

[Maxi's point of view]
I heard people whisper. I was so tired, but it sounded like Agus. I wanted to open my eyes, but I still felt miserable. It became quiet again, and then I opened my eyes. I saw Agus, kissing a girl with brown hair. They stood behind the window. They slowely opened their mouths and kept on kissing. When they finished, I closed my eyes again.

[Back to Agus' point of view]
Carolina went home. Maxi was still sleeping. The doctor went inside to wake him. After a few minutes, I could take him home. I helped him to my car, that was still parked there.

'Must've been boring two nights without me.' Maxi said. If he knew I spend the night with Carolina, he'd kill me.

'Yes, it was.' I lied. We arrived back at the hotel. Maxi took a glass of water.

'How do you feel?' I asked him. First he finished his water.

'Fine.' He said very short. Something's wrong with him, but what?

My phone got a notification. I opened it and it was a message from Carolina.

'Hey, want to eat somewhere tonight?' - Carolina.

I was thinking about Maxi. What with him? I can't leave him already.

'Who is it?' He asked very curious.

'An old friend of mine.' I lied.

'Oh, does he want to hang out?'

'Yes.' I said. 'But I prefer to stay with you.'

'No, no, you should go. Don't worry about me. Have fun, I'm just going to bed and sleep.' Maxi said. Weird...

***

I put on my best clothes, perfume and shoes. I stepped inside my car and drove to Carolina's house, to pick her up. She was wearing a verry classy black dress.

She stepped inside my car and kissed me slow.

'You look perfect.' I said. She smiled.

I parked the car and we went to the restaurant.

'What do you want to eat?' She asked.

'Uhm, I don't know, I'll take the same as you, my love.' I layed my hand on hers and started caressing her hand with my thumb.

'Did I already tell you that you're beautiful?' I asked.

'Yes, one thousand times.' She said and she smiled.

'Well, then make it one thousand and one, because you look perfect tonight.' I said as I grabbed her hand, brought it to my lips and kissed it.

When we finished our food, I payed the restaurant and we went outside to walk a bit.

'It's so cold.' She said, she was shivering ane her voice was shaking. I put out my jacket and layed it over her shoulders.

'Thanks.' She whispered. I came closer to kiss her, but then I looked behind her.

Maxi... it was Maxi. He stood right behind her.

'Well, is this girl an old friend of you?' He said. In his left hand he had a bottle of whiskey and with his right hand he pointed at Carolina.

'Nick, what is your friend talking about?' She asked kind of scared.

'Maxi, you're drunk. Go home!' I said to him.

'Me? Drunk? I don't think so, because then why do I still know everything very well?' He said.

Carolina grabbed my hand, she was shaking.

'Maxi, just rest out and go home, okay?' I said one last time.

'Nick, I don't think he's okay. You should drive him home.' Carolina said.

'Nick? Who is Nick?' Maxi asked her.

'Maxi, Nick is your best friend, my boyfriend.' She answered with some confusion in her voice.

I already felt a tear rolling down my cheeck.

'That's not Nick, darling. That's the one and only Agustín Bernasconi!' He shouted and then he started laughing.

'That's impossible. He's dead. Why would you even make jokes about that?' Carolina said very angry.

'Ask Agus. He'll answer all your questions.' Maxi said.

Carolina looked at me, then she grabbed her phone. She scrolled to her pictures and stopped scrolling when she found a picture of Agus, me.

'It's true... you're Agustín Bernasconi.' She said scared...

I hope you all liked this chapter. What do you think will happen next? Leave it in the comments! Love y'all xxx