Maxi //background story\\

Maxi Espindola (in WLN)

Maxi has never been in Buenos Aires before. He's born in San Miguel de Tucuman. The place where Agustin and his parents moved to.

Coincedence? I think not.
Faith? I know for sure.

They met each other at the age of 20. Agustin studied physical education and Maxi wanted to become a maths teacher.

Maxi already had his future in mind, but one day it all changed.

His girlfriend cheated on him. His mother died from cancer and his father was a heartbroken man. Maxi couldn't do anything good anymore.

Maxi fell into a hole. His life was messed up. As Agus gratuated, he never did. He didn't finish college.

To forget all his problems, Maxi went out once. It was the first time he went out without Agus, his brother from another mother.

Surrounded by the wrong people, Maxi used drugs for the first time. It helped him. He forgot about his ex, his dad and even about his mom.

But he got addicted really soon. Agus tried to help him stop, but one time that went wrong.

Agus started hiding Maxi's drugs and once Maxi found out about that they ended up fighting.

Agus couldn' hit back, because he still is his best friend. Maxi didn't care at that moment and beat Agus up so bad, they needed to bring him to the hospital.

Now, Maxi still uses them, but only if he feels sad. Sad about his mother. She's the main reason.

¡What Agus doesn't know!

One night, Maxi was home alone and high... again. He called Agus in panic. Agus told his parents about that and they both stepped inside their car and drove to Maxi's place.

Agus stayed at home, while his parents went to check out if Maxi was okay.

They rang the bell many times, but nobody answered. They stepped back in their car and drove away. Out of nothing a guy jumped on the middle of the road.

Agus' dad started turning the wheel very fast, in the hope he wouldn't hit the guy. He lost his control over the wheel and car and they drove against a tree that was standing at the side of the road. They both immediately died.

Agus' world fell apart and his heart broke into pieces.

No one knows how the accident has been caused, only Maxi knows.

Because Maxi was the guy that jumped on the road. First he didn't know what he was doing because of the drugs, but as soon as he saw the two death bodies in the car, full of blood, he realised what his drugs caused.

He never told anyone, ashamed as he was. Also Agus may never find out, because Maxi was too afraid to lose the last person on this earth that cares about him.

Miserable is an understatement.

This is Maxi's story in "Who's laughing now". This might help you to understand the story better. Bye!