Chapter 31 : School & Things

It's been two weeks since our encounter with The Watchmen and it's been very quiet. We have all been able to catch up with school work (and work ahead), catch up with our social lives and have some personal time with our significant others without something happening.

Happiness set it but we were still looking over our shoulders to be safe. I've been practicing with and without the group to see how strong my powers are. I've mainly got them under control but I'm still scared to lose control.

"Earth to Willow" Lydia said as she waved her hand in front of my face.

"What? Sorry" I sat up straight.

"I was talking about the homework. Are you okay?" She asked.

"Sorry, yeah... just thinking that things have been good and quiet lately" I said.

"True true, but at least we get to look forward to prom!" She said as she smiled ear to ear.

"Prom is soon?" I asked excitedly.

"Yeah, it hasn't been announced yet but I've heard whispers" She laughed.

"Oh yay! I've seen proms on movies and stuff but never been to one" now I'm giddy.

Malia walks into the library and plops down next to me. Then grunts.

"Sounds like it's been a great day" I said to her.

"Oh yea. Just grrrreat" She says, her words dripping with sarcasm.

"What happened?" Lydia asks.

"All the math doesn't make any sense and I feel like my brain is going to explode" Malia says.

"If you need help I can help you" I said to her.

"If you can make this understandable to me I will worship you"

"I will settle for an ice cream"  We all laughed.

Another week went by. Still quiet and I managed to get Malia to understand the math. Games and Prom were the forefront of everything right now.

If this is what normal is I like it. Day to day things to do and not fighting for our lives every minute.

One day after school was over I couldn't find anyone. Normally Lydia met up with me but she was no where to be found. My phone buzzed.

Lydia : I'm at the front of the school. Meet me

Me : Omw

Odd that she didn't meet me but I shake it off. I walk out the from doors and she's standing in the middle of the courtyard. I walk up to her.

"Hey,  how come you didn't meet me?" I asked her with a smile.

"Follow the roses" She smiled so big I thought her face would break. She was clearly excited as she handed me a single red rose.

"Why? What's going on?" I was so confused.

"Don't think. Just go" she pushed me in the direction of the parking lot. I looked around and saw Stiles also holding a rose. I walked up to him.

"Keep going" he said as he handed me another rose and pointed in the direction I was to go.

So I kept going and found Scott, also with a rose.

"That way" handing me the rose and pointing. Next was Liam.

"That way" handing me the rose and pointing. Malia was the next person.

"What's going on?" I asked her. So confused but happy at the same time.

"Can't say, it'll ruin the surprise. Just go" She laughed as she handed me the rose and pushed me forward. Then, to my surprise, was Cora.

"Here" her smile was so big that I couldn't help smile. She looked almost giddy. She handed me the rose and looked in the direction I was to go.

I looked at where she was looking and saw my car with the door wide open. Not sure if I should be freaked out or not I took a deep breath and kept walking. The closer I got I noticed something was inside. Red, white and pink. Finally I noticed they were also roses. They covered my backseat, passenger seat, drivers seat with petals all over my dash.

"Oh my gosh" a smile on my face so big I thought I couldn't smile any more. Suddenly I felt someone behind me and I was startled, quickly turning around. To see Derek in a tuxedo, looking so handsome. He smiled at me and my knees buckled a little like they always do.

"Did you?" I asked but he only smiled at me as he pulled something big and white from behind his back, unfolded it and stood there.

I looked down "Willow, will you go to Prom with me?" I read out loud and covered my mouth. Happy tears forming in my eyes.

"Yes yes, a thousand times yes!" I closed the space between us and hugged him. A few tears escaping my eyes. Cheers broke out all around us.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe you did all this. It's so sweet! And you look amazing!" I kissed him.

"Everyone helped out. A team effort" he said.

"But it was all his idea" Scott said.

"And I got it all on video" my sister popped out of the small crowd holding her phone up.
I looked at all my friends and wonderful boyfriend. Smiling and a few tears on my face.

"Thank you, all of you. This was an amazing surprise" I said looking at Derek.

"How long have you been planning this?" I asked.

"A few weeks. Let me tell you it's very hard to keep a secret from you. You almost found out a few times. But it all came together" Derek said running a hand through his hair.

"Lucky for him we all were around to help" Stiles added.

"Thanks again" Derek said looking at all of them. All saying your welcome in return. I felt like I was on cloud 9.

After a little talking and rearranging the roses to be off my seat the group split up. I pulled Derek close to me.

"Watch over there" he said as he turned us so we were facing Lydia and Stiles. They were walking to her car and when they got to the passenger said she all but pounced on him. I looked at Derek.

"He wrote her a big banner with balloons and flowers asking her to Prom. Put it on the side of her car" he smiled.

"Awww that's cute. Look at you two helping each other out" I smiled.

"We have these amazing girls in our lives who deserve everything. So we try our best" he said as he kissed my forehead.

"I am glad to just have you" I looked him in the eyes and smiled.

"And you always will" he gently pushed me against the car and kissed me. Full of passion and love.

"Now we all get to plan Prom night together" I said when we broke apart.

"Can't wait" he said and actually sounded excited.