Chapter 11 : Times of Change

Derek gently moves his thumb on my cheek and I close my eyes just taking all of this in. I can't stop smiling and I don't want to. When I look at him he's got a smile to match my own. He leans towards me and I lean towards him again. Just as there's centimeters between our lips....

"DEREK!"

I jump and he just sighs.

"She's got horrible timing" he says as he turn toward where the yell came from. Then there was a girl walking in, younger with brunette hair with highlights, slender but could tell she could kick someone's ass. She had a tank top with a burgundy leather jacket and jeans, definitely ready if someone messed with her.

"Derek....Oh you have company" she stopped looking at me.

"Am I interrupting?" She noticed how close we were. My cheeks turned a little red as I looked at Derek and smiled.

"This is my little sister, Cora. Cora this is Willow" Derek introduced us.

"Hello, nice to meet you" I said smiling with a little wave.

"Hi, uh.. you too" she gave an awkward little wave.

"Do you know how to knock?" Derek asked as he got up to give her a hug.

"Yes, but I have some urgent news that I needed to tell you about....." she said stopping to look at me to sensor herself.

"It's okay, she knows about us" Derek said.

"She does? Why?" Cora asked quickly.

"I trust her" he said smiling at me. I blushed a little. Feeling like I could trust her with my secret I focused on the air around her and twirled my finger in a circle. A sudden air flow around her lifted her hair and gently lifted her off the floor. She looked a little scared.

"It's okay, I won't hurt you and neither will the air" I smiled at her. She looked shocked at what I said.

"What? You're doing this?" She asked trying to keep eye contact.

"Yes I am" I said as I gently flew her around the room. She loosened up a little and started to giggle. So I set her down on her feet where she had been standing.

"That was amazing! How did you do that?" She asked enthusiastically.

"I have powers over the elements" I said looking at Derek.

"Wow, that is something I've never seen before"

"You said you had something urgent to tell me?" Derek said snapping her back to reality.

"Oh yes! There is something that has been attacking werewolves in a few areas already and rumored to be on it's way here, but we need to be prepared or leave now" she said looking a little scared.

"We need to find out more about whatever it is that's attacking us" Derek said lost in thought.

"All I know is that whatever it is, I want to kill it. Since it's killed a few of my friends already. Brutally at that" Cora said looking sad at the memory.

"No attacking until we know more Cora. We need to find out more" stressed he runs his hand through his hair.

"Well we can't just stand around and do nothing"

"I know. I know. Let me take Willow home and we can figure it out together. Sound good?" He said looking at me.

"Yes sounds good" she said.

"Willow let's get you home" he grabbed my jacket for me and we got ready to head out.

"It was nice meeting you" I said to Cora as I shook her hand.

"Likewise. Hope to see you again soon. I like you so far" she said shaking my hand.

Derek lead me downstairs and to his car, a very nice black Camaro. Not going to lie, I gawked and possibly drooled a little over the car. He opened the door for me and I slid into the passenger seat.

"This is an amazing car" I said as I looked around.

"Just wait" he said as he started up the car. He was kinda proud of his car. Then he stepped on the gas and we zoomed.

A few minutes on the road we hadn't said much but he slowly reached over and intertwined his fingers with mine then gave my hand a slight squeeze. Resting my other hand on top of our interlaced fingers I smiled at him.

It was really dark out and only the headlights broke the darkness. Suddenly out of no where a figure was in the road and Derek slammed on the breaks.