Chapter 10 : Things Will Never Be The Same

"Thanks, I needed to hear that" I smiled at him through the happy tears.

"You're welcome" he smiled at me and my heart did a flip.

"Can I ask how....you became a werewolf?" I asked unsure if it was ok to ask.

"Yeah, I was born a werewolf. Both my mother and father were werewolves, my mom was the Alpha of our family. I have two sisters, Laura is older and Cora is younger than me. My entire family were werewolves and I came into contact with multiple packs growing up" he said looking proud of his family then looking kind of sad.

"That sounds really nice. Why do you say 'were'?" I asked.

"Most lf them died in the fire at the Hale House when I was younger" he looked away. I gasped a little.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bring it up" I put my hand on his arm and he looked at me with sadness in his eyes.

"It's okay. Time heals and my Uncle revenged their deaths" he looked away.

"Oh. Ummm... if it's alright with you... can I see?" I asked quietly.

"See?"

"Yeah, see....you" I gestured to my face and he realized what I meant.

"I shouldn't. I don't want to scare you" he looked away.

"You won't. I've seen a lot and werewolves are brand new to me. It's who you are and I would love to get to know all of you." I placed my hand on his hand and smiled. He sighed.

"Alright" he turned towards me and looked down so I couldn't see his face. Suddenly his body shivered and when he looked back up his face had changed.

I took in every inch of his face, his hands and him as a whole. I reached for his hand slowly and softly ran my finger tips over each finger. I got a little closer to him and reached my hand slowly up to his face. He pulled away a little as if by reflex, but I kept my hand exactly where it was then he moved his face closer to my hand. I touched his cheek, slowly moving to his ear and bringing up my other hand to his other cheek I traced my fingertips over his forehead, his nose and finally back to his cheeks. His breathing seemed to hitch as I delicately traced his features completely in awe. He stared at my fave the entire time.

"Amazing" was all I said as I looked into his eyes. I couldn't help but smile at him. He changed back to his human features.

"Wasn't your arm injured in the woods?" I vaguely remember seeing some blood.

"Yeah, it was a scratch" he said as he pointed to a small spot on his arm. I looked at it and ran my fingers over the spot.

"You heal fast"

He nodded and with his free hand he lifted the bandage that was on my forehead. I winced a little and he put the bandage back.

"It's going to leave a faint scar" he said as his fingers traced from my temple to my jawline.

Our eyes lock for what seems like hours. His eyes flickered between my eyes and my lips for just a second. Then he leans in a little as if asking permission and I lean in just enough for our noses to touch. Just then a small jolt of what felt like electricity ran through my body and I gasped, so did he. He closed the last amount of space between us and our lips met.

His lips were soft and sweet. The kiss felt right, like rays of sunshine and warm fuzzy feelings. I didn't want it to end, this felt like the whole world could melt away. We parted, gazed into each others' eyes and just smiled.