Chapter 4 : High School

After lunch the rest of the day seemed to fly by. I was having a lot of fun for school. How have I been missing out on this my entire life?!

I decided to head to the library for my free period to catch up on the work I needed to understand some of the things I didn't understand. I put my head phones in my ears and began to work. Suddenly the bell had rung for the end of the school day. Gathering my stuff I headed to my locker.

"Willow!"

I turned to see Lydia coming towards my locker

"Hey Lydia" I smiled as she made it over to me.

"How was your first full day of high school?" She said kind of sarcastically.

"Great! I can't believe I've missed out on all of this!" I had the biggest smile on my face. She looked at me and realized I was serious.

"Well we have all year of school to look forward to. What are you doing after school?" She laughed.

"Just heading home to do homework. My sister isn't off her shift at the hospital until midnight" I shrugged.

"Well if you want you can come over to my house and study with Malia and me"

"I could use all the help I can get. Most of this doesn't make sense" Malia appeared next to me, making me jump.

"Oh wow! Where did you come from?" I looked around.

"Right over there" she pointed down the hall.

"I didn't see you. Yeah that would be great. Thank you." I said as we all walked to the parking lot. They got into Lydia's car and I got on my motorcycle, I followed them to Lydia's house.

We got out our books and got right down to homework. Malia was getting really angry at the math. I showed her how to easily do her math.

"Where were you months ago?!" Malia was so excited she hugged me.

"I'm glad I could help" I couldn't help but laughed.

After a few hours we decided to pack up and head out. We got a lot done and we all said our goodbyes.

On the way home I felt better than I had in a very long time. Then out of the blue I got a shiver. The feeling I was being watched. As I was at a red light I looked around subtly, but I didn't see anything. I gripped the handles and as soon as the light turned green sped toward home. Got my motorcycle in the garage and ran inside.

Looking all around to make sure no one was following me. But there wasn't a sign of anyone.

"I might be going crazy...."

I went up to my room and started to get ready for bed. I couldn't shake the feeling of eyes on me.