A Kiss of Destiny

A long week had passed, Tom, Harry, Freddy and I had been going out and sometimes even Percy and Tony came along with us, we were drinking and going out almost every day, it was actually pretty good, just like during the times when there were no girls in our company, it was beautiful, but then again, never the same as before. I guess no one could ever escape the reality. Another thing was that Rosalie and Trixie were returning the next morning and I didn't know if I should feel good or bad since it was really good in our company without them, but then again it was like I missed Rosalie, although I didn't miss Trixie of course.

I've been chatting with Rosalie on facebook every day, she even started to send me hearts and said that she loved me, I said that I loved her too, but she surely meant «love as a friend» since she was with Harry and I was only her friend. We agreed to come to the bus station that morning to welcome Rosalie and Trixie back, but Rosalie came with a big problem. She told us a story about her father and how he had stolen her sister from them, I was really sorry to hear that, but I guess none of us could do anything about it, we tried to calm her down, Harry brought her some of his old T-shirts as a gift, she stood there hugging him for five minutes and kissing him of course, while Tom and Trixie were making out and laughing out of happiness since they hadn't seen each other for a month or so. I felt really bad, like an excess since Freddy didn't come and everyone around me was «in love». Well, Harry actually wasn't, but it didn't really make any difference to me since Rosalie loved him, but at least I had someone to normally speak with – Harry. Rosalie was very sad because of her sister and I understood that completely, but I could do nothing, only give her a hug, which wasn't really natural since she was my best friend's girlfriend. I got a completely sick idea in my head – I wanted them to break up, but of course I wasn't so foul to cause that. Finally, we went home, I talked with Harry along the way about going out sometimes, I accepted of course and then he continued forward, and my house was on the left side of the street, as I came home Rosalie was on mobile facebook since she never had too much access to the computer. She begged me to tell Harry that she went to sleep, I didn't know why but I accepted since I was going to sleep myself, I was really tired.

Next morning, Rosalie invited me for a coffee at her place, she said she had something important to tell me since I was the one who knows Harry the best, I agreed with that and accepted her call, but I didn't want Tom and Trixie to be there since they were getting on my nerves and she said that they wouldn't come. As I arrived to her house I was really intrigued about what I was going to find out, I rang the bell at her door, mrs. Dianna  opened the door, it seemed to me like Rosalie's mother and stepfather really don't like when someone rings the bell or knocks at the door, but I was taught and raised like that and I just wanted to be polite. Rosalie came from the kitchen, hugged me and asked me to sit there in the kitchen while she was preparing coffee for me, I really liked her coffee, I told her to put two sugar cubes. Furthermore, I lighted my cigar and asked her what was the problem, although I was quite sure what she was going to say and I was right. She said that Harry had changed and that she suspected that he didn't love her. I told her the truth, that he hadn't changed, that he was that kind of a person. I wanted to say that she sought love in a wrong person, but I didn't, because I had respect for Harry. She said that she was really stupid. I was confused and I almost agreed since she really left an impression of a stupid person, but then again, it came to my mind that it wasn't her fault, she was naive and she just asked for love and attention, so I had just comforted her saying that she wasn't stupid and hugged her, I almost put her hair on fire with my cigar, but I moved it at the last moment. Then she started talking about Trixie and how she was the light of her life. Since I didn't want to agree with that, because I thought that Trixie just ruined her life, Rosalie passed her second year of college with barely a C just because of Trixie, and I know that Rosalie was bright because she told me about her other grades from past years of education and now she was missing classes and had frequent relations with stupid men, actually the men weren't stupid as much as Trixie and Rosalie were in my opinion, Trixie was dumb and she wasn't even pretty, she was just fun sometimes since she was always with Tom and so on, I also realized that she had changed, she wasn't using Tom, but stood with him without cheating on him, strange...

Anyways, when Rosalie mentioned that with Trixie, I just replied by saying «ok» and I also said that I experienced it a little different, but I didn't want to say how when she asked me, and as a matter of fact, I said «nevermind». She said to me that she was thinking about a break up with Harry. I was so surprised to hear that that I had started coughing as I inhaled the tobacco smoke in my throat. I didn't know if I had felt more happy or shocked. She was worried if I was fine, I said that I was all right, but that the information about a break up surprised me a bit. She said that she was wrong about getting in a relationship with Harry, but then again she didn't want to hurt him. I replied that I don't think it would hurt him, she was confused when she heard that and just made a decision to wait some more time. I felt a strange urge to hug her and kiss her, but I couldn't of course and I had in mind that maybe I am not the guy she needed and that she would just hurt me like she will probably do with Harry after some time so I wished her good luck and gave her a hug and a kiss on her cheek and she had done the same with me. On my way home I saw Tom and Trixie going somewhere so I just waved to them, but they didn't see me, I heard someone running from behind my back and it was Rosalie hugging me from behind, she put her arms around my waist and I heard her crying, I turned around to see what's wrong, she told me through the tears that she loved me as she became close to me and that she didn't realize that I was that guy she always needed, she said that I was always there for her and I really was, she thanked me and we were watching each other for some time and then it happened, as we were kissing there, the rain had started, autumn was knocking at the door and everything in my life started to tangle...