Chapter 15: Sad Song

I looked up as someone put an umbrella over my head. "Thanks, Ryan," I muttered.

"No problem, Alpha," he said and kneeled on the wet grass of his sister's grave next to me. My mate's grave. It said:

                                "Here lies Hyria Valor Grace. Beloved mother, mate, and Alpha."
                                                                  July 23, 1994 - August 20, 2016

If you have someone you love, and they love you back, don't ruin it. Don't take them for granted, because you never know how much time you will have with them. I sure didn't realize that until I lost her.

"Let's get you inside. We don't our Alpha getting pneumonia as soon as we're about to go to war," he said and stood. I followed him closely and we walked into the house, Grayson and Carson were waiting on couches.

I loosened my tie and sat with the boys. They climbed into my lap and I held them, all three of us letting our tears out.

"I'll leave you guys alone," Ryan said and left to check on Taylor and Layne in the nursery. Carson, Grayson, and I sat for hours upon hours like this: the boys in my arms and me with tears smearing across my pale face.

I carried the boys up to bed when they fell asleep. I kissed them both on the foreheads. "Good night, guys," I whispered and checked up on my blood pups.

Right before I could go to my room, I heard Grayson whining for Hyria. I went to their room and looked in, seeing Grayson sniffling and crying. I sat next to him on the bed and pulled him into my arms.

"I want mommy to come say good night," he pouted.

"She's not here right now," I whispered, trying not to cry and wake up Carson

"When is she coming back?" he asked, innocent and unknowing. And it was his innocence that made me snap.

"SHE'S NOT COMING BACK! SHE'S DEAD! DON'T YOU GET IT? SHE'S GONE AND SHE'S NEVER COMING BACK!" I shouted all while screaming my agony in my head.

He flinched at my yelling, but did nothing more. I held him and stroked his inky back hair. "I'm sorry, bud. I just miss her so much," I murmured. I heard Carson stir and he wrapped his arms around my neck. The three of us held each other until we fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alpha, are you sure you want to do this?" Ryan asked, placing a hand on my shoulder. I nodded once and stared ahead, emotionlessly. "Okay. Let's go!"

We moved forward, knowing some of us might not be coming back. I had only two reasons to come back: My babies and Hyria would despise me if I didn't come back because she died. We entered the clearing and dropped down into our wolf forms while I did not shift. These men and women have husbands and wives to come home to.

And I will stop at nothing to make sure they all come home.

I stepped forward, still in human form, and let out an earth shattering growl. "COME ON OUT! I'M NOT WAITING ALL FUCKING DAY!" I shouted into the still forest.

I waited. And waited. I finally saw a snout shove it's way from in between the trees. It was a brick red male and he let out frightening snarl. I smiled wickedly and and dropped down on all fours. My pack and I walked forward slowly, trying to surround him.

The wolf didn't seem intimidated. Then, he just randomly shifted. His long bleached blonde hair was pulled back into a ponytail and his brown eyes flitted nervously from side to side.