Prologue ✔

"Oh, Goddess, she's perfect," whispered a woman who laid in a hospital bed, a new born child in her arms. Sweat trickled down her face and a smile graced her beautiful face.

"Of course she is, my dear. She has your eyes," said a man who sat at the foot of the bed. He was right, the little one had milk chocolate eyes, just like her mother.

"Oh, stop it you," she said, sadness lacing her tone. "She has to be an Omega. You know that right?"

"I know," he murmured, sadness causing his tone to crack. Then, a nurse tapped him on the back to get his attention. "May I help you?"

"There's been rouges sighted at the border and the Alpha requests that you go with the border patrol to fend them off," he said and then walked away.

"Well, Alpha Hospice has 'requested' that I join border patrol. I should get going," he said and kissed his wife. "Good-bye, my dear." She smiled at him as he left.

"Be careful. And don't you DARE go dying on me, William Grace," she said, snorting slightly.

He smiled and shook his head lightly. "I promise, my dear mate," he said.

That was the last thing he ever got to say to his family. The first time he ever saw his child was the last. After years of pain, the mother finally gave up and ended her own life. The child was 15. Her name was Hyria Grace.

Hi, my name is Hyria Grace and this is the story of my life.

A/N: I know, I know. It's real short, get over it. It's short because that's what makes a prologue a prologue. Anyway, enjoy!