Chapter 51 - Bonus Chapter

It was the following weekend that I finally managed to get myself down to San Francisco Memorial Cemetery. I had endured a week of tiresome and painful school, ignoring most people apart from Rachael. Of course she knew something was up, so I made up a valuable excuse of the fact that Blaze Boy saved me from that bus crash, all those weeks ago, so his death meant something to me.

But little did she know, it meant a heck of a lot more to me.

The bus pulled up opposite the cemetery, and I hopped off, pulling my blue hoodie over my head. I glanced up and noticed grey clouds hovering over the city, and began praying that it wouldn't rain. The bus pulled away down the road and left me stood on the sidewalk, waiting for a few cars to pass before crossing the road. I hopped onto the sideway on the other side of the road and entered the large cemetery gates, approaching the guard's box. The old man looked up from his newspaper and smiled kindly.

"How can I help you today, ma'am?" He asked, folding his newspaper and leaning forward on the small window.

"I'd like to find Peterson. Evan Peterson's grave." I murmured, as the guard began tracing his fingers over the map.

"Ah yes, walk straight up the path and turn right at the top of the hill. It's on the left up there, ma'am."

"Thank you." I nodded at the guard before trotting off down the gravel path. The cemetery was actually a very peaceful place, instead of creepy. Trees were dotted around, beginning to turn into the colours of fall, oranges, reds and browns. Benches lined the path, engraved with messages from loved ones. Floral bunches were also scattered among the graves, some very bright and colourful, and other beginning to wither. There were a few people dotted around the place, minding their own business and paying their respects to their loved ones. After trekking up the small hill, I turned right and began scanning the graves on the left of me.

Francesca Peters.

George Peters.

Opal Peters.

Victoria Peters.

Adam Peterson.

Finally, a shiny marble grave, surrounded by hoards of multicoloured flowers.

Evan Peterson.

Beloved son, brother and friend.

3rd July 2002 - 6th September 2017

Died in battle as alter-ego Blaze Boy, fighting alongside Aqua Girl and Quicksilver.

Always in our hearts.

I was speechless. His parents had included me on his grave. I fell to my knees infront of the grave, and stayed there, simply taking it all in. The only sounds I could hear were the slight rustling of leaves and the traffic on the road back down the hill.

"I'm sorry. For all this. I do miss you, you know. A lot." I whispered, closing my eyes and sitting on my knees. "but the whole city is proud of you. They held a parade last week. I watched it from my window. It was all red and fire, just for you. I think you would've liked it, Blazey Boy."

Suddenly, I heard footsteps crunching the gravel behind me, and whizzed around to find an elderly lady shuffling past, clutching a bouquet of roses. She smiled in sympathy and continued on her journey. I waited until she was at least a few meters away before closing my eyes again.

"But don't worry, ElectroNite won't get away with this. Quicksilver snuck back into her headquarters, but there was no trace of him. But don't you worry, Evan. I will avenge you."

After letting the sounds of the cemetery engulf me again for a few minutes, I opened my eyes and checked the time on my phone. I had an appointment with Velma in 20 minutes. It was time to go.

"I'll visit again soon, Blazey Boy." I murmured, standing up and taking one last gaze at the gravestone. "I love you."

A/N: hello! Right, so I am about to get started on the sequel, but I need YOUR HELP! Basically, I would like to call it The (something) Adventures of Aqua Girl, but I have no idea what word to put in there! If you comment below with any word ideas you have, I will dedicate the first chapter of the sequel TO YOU! Thank you!