Chapter 41 - Another Encounter

I was shocked (or rather, in modern teenager terms, shook).

The room was tense, and silent. Aidan simply stood next to me, gawking at Blaze Boy. Rufus' tail was the only thing moving in the room, until I cleared my throat.

"Okay...." I murmured, as Aidan shook his head.

"I'm sorry, we really need time to think right now." He said, closing his eyes. I took that as a clear sign.

"I'll be in the kitchen." I muttered, ushering for Rufus to follow me as I walked out of my room, leaving the boys to talk. Geez. We were never going to finish this French presentation now.

With Rufus in tow, I sauntered into the kitchen and grabbed my phone from my pocket. I began to draft a text to Rachael, but then it hit me. We weren't friends right now. My life had been missing Rachael for a while now. Sure, I saw her briefly at school, but she was ignoring me. I had to set things straight soon, it was weird not having her texting me 24/7. So I decided to send a friendly text, to remind her I was here.

Cass at 10:07am: Hey :)

Sighing, I shoved my phone back in my pocket and padded back to the closed door of my room, naturally curious. I heard muffled voices from the other side of the door, and then silence. Suddenly, the door opened, and I came face-to-face with Aidan.

"I-I was just.." I stammered, trying to cover up my eavesdropping.

"Hey, it's okay." Aidan said, standing aside so I could enter my room. To my dismay, Blaze Boy was gone, there was just an open window, and empty windowsill. I turned back to Aidan, who was now gazing around my room. This was awkward.

"Why are your walls so bare? You like the minimalist look, or something?" Aidan asked, smirking at me. He was obviously trying to cover up Blaze Boy's exit, and the strange situation. I let it pass, realizing I wouldn't know what to say about it anyway.

"No, there were posters of Ice Woman, but I figured it was better to take them down, after the recent events and all." I replied, as Rufus trotted into the room and jumped onto my bed. I joined him and reopened my laptop. "Anyway, I do believe the sole reason you came round was for this damn French presentation."

"Oh yeah, I nearly forgot about that." Aidan stated, sitting on the edge of my bed.

After two hours of sarcastic comments (from me), dodgy French accents, and a boring PowerPoint, we were done.

"I'm exhausted. You got any food?" Aidan drawled, patting Rufus' head. I nodded and slipped off of my bed, sauntering to the kitchen. Aidan followed me as I entered the kitchen and began opening the snack cupboards.

"I'm currently grounded, so my Mom's hidden the good stuff, but I have some Pringles." I declared, holding up the red tube like it was a trophy. Aidan grinned, and followed me as I trudged through the kitchen to the living room.

"Why are you grounded, Mademoiselle Cascade?" He asked, smirking at me.

"Well, let's just say my mother disagrees with my late night activities." I replied, slumping onto the sofa and turning the TV on. Aidan continued smirking and sat down next to me, reaching into the Pringles tube for some crisps.

"What do you wanna watch?" I inquired, flicking through the channels. Nothing good was on, it was daytime TV for god's sake.

"I don't mind."

All of a sudden, a loud crash erupted from the street below the living room window. In unison, Aidan and I darted off the sofa and rushed to the window. On the sunny street below, people were screaming and running away from something. Or someone. Ice Woman and another figure were down the street, causing havoc. Ice Woman's ice was flying everywhere, and a few civilians were frozen in ice, whilst others ran frantically away from the two figures.

"You've got to be kidding me..." I murmured, watching in horror as the two figures continued to knock down and freeze innocent people. Ice began covering the window pane in the foreground, and it grew elegantly across the glass. I had to do something. But Aidan was here. 

"Aidan, you've got to go. You're not safe here." I exclaimed, pushing Aidan towards the front door. He turned around, looking confused.

"What? Why?" He asked, as I continued to push him towards the door.

"It's not safe here...you saw what's happening out there. Go and run for cover."

"What about you?"

"Trust me, I'll be fine." I stated, opening the front door. I pushed the boy out, and as I was about to close it, Aidan cleared his throat.

"One more thing. You're probably wondering...about E..I mean Blaze Boy and I. We were separated at birth. I guess I can tell you more at school." Aidan explained, gazing into my eyes. He knows how to put me under pressure, geez. Separated at birth? There's gotta be a bigger story behind that.

"Okay, bye bye now!" I bellowed, slamming the door in his face. Rushing, I ran to my room and reached under my bed for my suit, mask and shoes. As soon as my fingers touched the cool, breezy fabric of my suit, I was practically itching to get it on. With my suit on, I felt invincible. I felt like a different person, although I wasn't. Still sassy and geeky Cass. As soon as my suit was on, my laces were tied, my mask was fitted over my facial features, I was ready.

"See ya later, Rufus!" I called to my dog, as I clambered out of my bedroom window. The San Francisco wind hit me instantly, causing my cape and brown hair to billow behind me. I took a deep breath, before closing my window and edging my way down the drainpipe. Then i remembered. I could freaking fly. No need for drainpipes anymore. I forced energy to my feet and zoomed upwards, looking down at the chaotic street below me. Ice Woman and the other figure were still there, causing havoc. Who was this other figure? There was only one way to find out. I flipped over and headed straight towards the street, the white noise of wind booming in my ears. Just as the concrete street loomed close, I flipped myself back over and landed successfully (to my secret glee) in front of Ice Woman and the other woman. Another encounter with my ex-hero. They sized me up quickly, as their prey.

"Bodark, I'll let you take care of the kid." Ice Woman cried, turning her back on me and firing ice in another direction. Bodark. I knew from my tutor lessons in Russian that was the Russian name for werewolf.

Uh oh.

I then realized who this scary looking woman, dressed from head to toe in black, was.

Bodark the villain shapeshifter. She's most famous for her killings as a werewolf, but she can turn into anything, or anyone. She practically radiated trouble. 

"Come here, little child." She hissed, morphing into...a tiny puppy. Oh god. How did she know my weakness? I stood my ground as the tiny golden puppy sat on the road and looked at me. It woofed before advancing towards me. I knew in the blink of an eye it would transform into a werewolf, so I took no chances. As a puppy, she was weaker and defenceless. I was not throwing away this shot.

"Sorry, little puppy!" I yelled, before firing a jet of water at it. The puppy yelped before slowing morphing into something larger, and darker. I took this as a sign to get out of there. Whilst still firing at the growing figure with my hands, I shot into the air and hovered a few meters in the air. The figure growled loudly, showing anger. 

Uh oh.

With a sudden roar, the figure jumped up at me, and the now fully formed werewolf clawed at my Converse.

"Gah!" I shouted, panicking and accelerating higher. I continued firing down at the werewolf, as it tried to leap up at me.

"You alright there, Aqua Girl?" I heard a cocky voice ask from behind me. I span around to find none other than Blaze Boy levitating next to me, grinning.

"I'm fine, thanks." I replied, as Bodark growled again from beneath us.

"Well then, let's get started."

A/N: Hey guys! After this book is complete (don't worry there's still loads more stuff to come) would you be interested in a sequel? Have a wonderful day/night!