Shiloh shakes his head. "You got me on that one. I was definitely consumed. Still is."

      Nia looks at him as she finishes chewing, and begins to dance in her seat. "So, are you going to tell me what your passion is?"

"You're a persistent one, eh?" Shiloh lifts up his eyebrow.

       "Whatever you want to call it."

Shiloh licks his lips out of habit before he answers. "I'ma show you."

       "Tonight?" She asks.

"Tonight." He repeats.

        Nia nods her head, and wipes her hands. "Until then, I want a rematch because you cheated."

"I ain't cheat at all. Far from a cheater." Shiloh leans forward on the table.

      Nia does the same, and their faces are at a safe distance from one another. She notices a long scar under his eye that looked to be a fresh one.

"What happened?"

   Shiloh is slightly confused. "What you mean what happened?"

She points to the scar on his face. "Looks like it was a bad one."

      "Oh." He clears his throat, and sits back. "It ain't shit."

Nia squints her eyes, knowing that he was hiding something from her. She decides not to purse it any longer. If he wanted her to know, he would have said it.

       "I think my mom really likes you." She changes the topic.

"I'ma intelligent brotha. I kno' she do."

         Nia side eyes him briefly. "Honestly, you are."

Shiloh shrugs. "I attribute it to my moms. She taught me everything I kno'. School, where I'm from, ain't shit. Without my mama, not to be dramatic, I'd be dead right now."

     Nia pauses from drinking her water, and immediately puts it down. "Don't say that."

"It's the truth. Hence why that's my nickname." He looks at her. "No offense, but you don't kno' the shit I been through."

        "That's true, I don't. However, I never said that I did. I just don't like to hear anyone talk like that." She explains.

"You're so positive. A good trait to have. Wish I had it." Shiloh shakes his head.

     "I think you are. Sometimes we have our moments when we aren't. Even me."

Shiloh laughs lowly to himself. "Nah. I ain't right within."

      "Right within?" She repeats. "I must be on a date with another Shiloh. I see a guy who has his head in the right place and his priorities straight. Like you said, an intelligent brotha."

Shiloh doesn't say anything, but keeps his eyes on her. "I kno' it's niggas in ya tax bracket who can get ya attention. Why you here sittin' with me?"