20. Engagement✔️

Anjali, along with her mother and sister, was waiting for Rahul and the Mehra ladies at the Mall entrance. They had decided to meet for engagement shopping. Soon, she spotted Rahul walking with his mother and sister-in-law​. Both the families greeted each other.

Nandini - "Mala bhabhi stayed back to take care of the house."

Neeta nodded and everyone went for shopping. Anjali too walked behind them when she was stopped by Nandini.

Nandini - "I don't know whether you will like this or not but you will have to leave your job after marriage."

Anjali was startled. But she quickly came over the shock and said, "No problem aunty, I understand."

Nandini nods and they​ move to join others.

They entered the clothing section to select their engagement dresses.

They were busy seeing sarees for Anjali but could find none. Suddenly, Rahul's eyes saw what he was looking for. He kept on looking at it, imagining his soon-to-be-wife wearing it.

Anjali saw Rahul looking at something. She followed his gaze to find him looking at a red colour saree with white floral border. It was not at all gaudy and was suitable for the event.

Anjali pointed towards that saree and said, "Please show that one."

Rahul was brought back from his thoughts by Anjali's voice. He noticed the shopkeeper showing the same saree he was looking at, to Anjali.

Nidhi - "It is beautiful."

Everyone agreed to her. The same saree was finalised.

Now it was time to chose Rahul's sherwani. A simple white sherwani was selected for him. Then, the family moved to buy engagement rings.

While going through the rings, both Rahul and Anjali liked a simple diamond ring which was finalised. After purchasing other necessary items, the trip came to an end and everyone departed to their respective places.

Engagement day

The hall was brightly lit. Since it was to be a closed affair, only few people were present - Mehra family, Mishra family including Sanjay​'s brother and his family, Vikram, Neha and Priya.

Everyone was present admiring the decorations when the couple entered.

Walking together, they looked like a heavenly couple. They walked to the dais and sat on the chairs present for them. The function was started.

 Anjali extended her palms towards Rahul and he gave his ever charming smile.

Slowly he slid the ring on her finger caressing the back of her palm.

She blushed at his touch which created havoc in her stomach.

Rahul smirked.

Anjali holds his palm and tried to slip the ring but Rahul withdrew his hand shocking everyone.

She bewildered. Fear was evident in her eyes. Tears brimmed.

Rahul grinned and stuck out his tongue. Anjali punched in his stomach in anger.

"Aww," he whined.

The hall filled with echoes of laughter.

Anjali slipped the ring on his right palm and squeezed them for pranking her. He moaned in pain but plastered a fake smile. She giggled.

Everyone congratulated them.Avinash Mishra comes to congratulate the couple.

Avinash - "Congo sis n brother-in-law. By the way, Mr. Rahul Mehra, don't you dare hurt my sister. Or I will kick you. I am trained in karate."

Anjali - "Bhaiya, seriously. Rahul don't take his words seriously. He is just joking."

Rahul laughs - "Okay, just tell me one thing. Are you brother sister fond of fighting? One is boxing champion and other is trained in karate."

Aditi joins the conversation and says, "Rahul bhai, I am trained in wrestling."

Rahul gives an expression of horror.

Anjali - "He is your jiju, Aditi."

Aditi - "No, I am his younger sister. No jiju-saali thing."

Rahul and Aditi have a high-five.

Anjali - "You changed your team."

Reeta - "Don't worry bhabhi, Rohit and I are in your team."

Anjali shares a hug with Reeta and pokes her tongue at Rahul.

Priya - "Anjali, you are getting married. At least now, behave like a grown up."

Anjali - "Hello to you too Priya. Rahul, meet my biggest enemy, Priya Kapoor."

Priya and Rahul greet each other. Soon they are joined by Neha and Vikram. They continue teasing each other while the elders discuss about marriage preparations.

__________________________________________________

Do not forget to press the little star...

Love Always Wins || Book 2 of Love SeriesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara