19. Families✔️

Sunday Morning, 10 am

The sun was shining brightly in the sky. The Mishras were relaxing and having their family time. The birds were chirping. In short, it was a very pleasant morning. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Aditi went to see and through the window she saw the Mehra family. She came running to her parents and sister.

Aditi - "I...saw through window....Mehra family is outside."

Anjali - "Rahul never told me about this. I thought..."

Neeta - "His family might have stopped him. Marriage is not a small issue. Now this is not between you and Rahul. Elders will enter the scene."

The doorbell rang again.

Neeta - "Anjali go and get ready in a suit. Aditi, open the door."

Anjali quickly ran to her room. Aditi opened the door and welcomed the guests.

The Mehra family entered the house to be greeted by Sanjay and Neeta.

Sanjay - "Welcome to our home. Please have a seat."

Neeta brings a few more chairs and served them Juice.

Vijay Mehra introduces the family. Rohit, Reeta and Adi had not come. Except them, the entire Mehra family was present.

Vijay Mehra was keen to know the girl who gave moral support to his wife when he was admitted in the hospital. Mala has spoken once about Anjali and noticed her smile while talking about her. He has lost his patience to know more about Anjali.

Mala - "We are here to ask your elder daughter's hand for Rahul." She squealed in happiness. Joy was written on her face.

Nandini - "Where is Anjali? Please call her."

She was anxious to meet her. The girl who stole her son's heart.

At the same moment, Anjali enters the room. Nandini looks at her and thinks, "She is not extraordinarily beautiful but...there is something about her smile. It relaxes the mind. No wonder Rahul fell for her. If her presence gives him harmony, let her stay in his life."

Mala gets up and goes to Anjali. She cups her face, kisses her forehead and says, "You are beautiful, both inside and outside." Anjali smiles at her and takes everyone's blessings.

Nidhi- "Of course who will not fall for our Anju." She said while giving a teasing smirk at Rahul

Rahul bowed his head so no one could watch his blush.

Vijay - "It is a yes from our side. If you want you can take your time." His eyes were on Anjali. She had a huge smile plastered on her lips and a bit of shyness. Happiness evident in her eyes. Mala was correct. She has some power inside her that makes the surrounding beauty.He felt Anjali is the best choice for Rahul.

Sanjay - "It is not for the first time we are meeting Rahul. It is a yes from our side too."

Neeta brings sweets for everyone.

Ajay - "What about their kundli?"

Nidhi hits on his arms and Shooted daggers at him through eyes.

Rahul looks at Ajay perplexed. Ajay realises that he should not have said this.

Anjali got worried about hearing the word kundli. She never believed in astrology but what if the kundli doesn't match?? Will they break this marriage?? Her mind fogged with thoughts. Fear etched on her face.

Mala studied the tension in Rahul and Anjali's face. She chuckled. "When their hearts have matched, what is the need of matching kundli."

Anjali and Rahul let out a huge sigh of relief. Both shared a quick eye-lock.

Vijay looks at Sanjay and says, "Yes, if you have no problem with this."

Sanjay - "Of course not. I don't believe in this."

The elders get into discussion about the marriage while Rahul and Anjali keep on stealing glances.

Nidhi teased the lovebirds endlessly. They stood in embarrassment.

In the end, it was decided that the engagement and marriage will be a small affair, followed by a grand reception party. The engagement was exactly after a week and marriage after three weeks.

Rahul and Anjali reached the seventh sky on hearing their parents decision. Cautiously Rahul entangled their palms portraying his happiness. Anjali pressed his palms stronger letting him know she is excited too. Their faces were straight but their hands were busy.

Aditi stepped between them and untangled their palms. "Lovebirds have some shame. A kiddo is here."

Rahul pulled her cheeks and said- "Kabab mein haddi."

Aditi whined and Anjali burst out in laughter.

Both the families got busy in the preparation.

________________________________________________________________

So, how is the chapter? I know it is short but it was needed. So now it's time for their marriage.

Do not forget to press the little star.

~Purnima