10. Past and Anjali's Anger✔

Rahul's POV

"It's about my past. Everything that changed me." I said with pain in my eyes. 

On hearing my feeble voice and sensing the pain, she held my hand protectively in hers and assured me to continue batting her eyelashes.

And then I began...... Her presence gave me a huge strength!!!

(Past in italics)

I was two years old when Vijay uncle, Dad and Mom started the business. They used to go out to work. Bhai went to school and I used to stay at home with Mala aunty. I was a very naughty child. Bhai and I were very close. He was my best friend.

After five years, Rohit and Reeta were born. Twins. Our business was stable. Dad wanted mom to leave the business and focus on the family. Mom was against this. They fought for days. Mom left the business. She used to get angry at every small issue. Most of the time, I was the victim of her anger. She always focused on Rohit and Reeta. And for me, she declared that I am grown up, I should take care of myself. I should face problems myself. I started believing this. I stopped sharing my feelings with anyone. I used to wait for mom to appreciate me, my efforts, my achievements...but she never did. Mom and dad's fights were no less than a nightmare for me. I was unable to sleep.

There was a time when I got highly interested in music. I had joined a music band. But mom was not happy. She wanted me to join the business. I left that band, I left music. For my mom. But as usual, she never acknowledged it.

When I went to do my MBA from IIM Bangalore, I met Neha. My childhood friend, Vikram was also with me. Soon we formed a group of four - Vikram, Neha, Sara and I. Sara and Neha had known each other since their graduation. Soon Sara and I became very good friends and within six months we were in a relationship. Sara was very demanding. She wanted everything to happen according to her. For every small issue, she used to stop talking. I ignored all these facts. Once in our vacations, I had come to Delhi. (A/ N: Mehras, Mishras and Oberois belong to Delhi) At that time, Vijay uncle had suffered a minor heart attack. I was busy with him and business responsibilities. I could not give time to Sara. She got angry. She accused me of playing with her emotions. I was hurt on accusation but my family needed me. So I had to bear her allegations.

When I returned to college, Sara had changed a lot. I tried explaining the situation to her but she never behaved the same. She turned cold shoulders.

It was our last month at college. I remember that day very well. I was calling Sara continuously but she kept on ignoring them. Suddenly, Vikram told me that both Sara and Neha were in the college canteen. I ran towards it. I entered and went towards them to hear...

Sara - "I am the only daughter of Oberois, the biggest competitor of Mehras. Rahul Mehra cannot tolerate fakeness in relations. He will be broken when he finds out the truth that I'm playing with his feeling. This was my brother's plan."

Neha - "How will this help you, Sara?"

Sara - "He is an expert in business management. If he joins the Mehra Industries, they will be at the top. But no more, I will break him beyond repair. Mehra's will lose their son and the best player..."

I was broken after that.I loved her with my soul but she faked it. Was it easy for her to break my heart?? She used me for her purpose and I was so blind in love.

She......I could not believe. Seeing me broken, Neha called bhai and bhabhi. They made an excuse and came to Bangalore. It's just because of them, that I did not take any drastic step. But still, I have not come over the incident.

(Past ends)

I looked at Anjali. She was looking disturbed. I did not interrupt her thoughts. I had told her everything. Except one. I had taken a drastic step. I had started taking drugs. My sleep was more disturbed ​than earlier. Someone introduced me to drugs, I found that they could relax my mind. Vikram came to know this and told bhabhi. She entered into our cabin in the office, locked the door and​ started slapping me. She kept on crying and slapping. After that, she hugged me and forced me to leave drugs. Every night, she comes into my room, talks to me about the day and goes. It helps me relax my brain. Without her, I would not have been alive.

I did not tell all this to Anjali. She might misunderstand me, might hate me. I don't know why but I do not wish to lose her friendship.

Suddenly, Anjali shook my arm. I looked at her.

Anjali - "Which instrument did you play while you were with the music band?"

I looked at her amused. Of everything I said, she remembered the music band. I replied, "Guitar."

She grinned, "I looovvveee guitar."

I started laughing at her comment. She gave me an offended look and then, she joined me. We walked towards the group laughing. All of them gave me a shocked expression.

Suddenly, Sara stood up and held Anjali's hand.

Sara - "Anjali, I can see you and Rahul becoming good friends. But I would like to tell something more. Rahul is not what you think. He loves to play with other's emotions. He is a womaniser.."

Sara could not complete her statement as Anjali slapped her hard. Everyone was astonished. My jaws reached the ground. Shock is an understatement.

Anjali - "The man who treats the younger sister of his friend's friend as his sister is a womaniser? The man who runs a complete organisation for the betterment of women is a womaniser? Do you think I will believe you...after hearing your​ conversation with your brother? Never Sara. I thought that your family forced you. But...you know what, you don't deserve to be loved. Because you do not value relations. I pity you, Sara. I pity you."

Everyone was shocked by Anjali's speech. Sara was infuriated. She tried slapping Anjali. Anjali held hand and said, "Don't even dare. I am a three times state level boxing champion. And trust me, I won't mind breaking your​ bones."

Sara left the beach and went back to Neha's home. Anjali looked at her parents. They had a huge smile on the faces. Her sister was beaming with happiness.

Neha - "Why are you so happy, Aditi?"

Aditi - "After ages, I have seen Didi angry. I am so excited."

Neha shook her head. We all returned home to find Sara waiting for us with her luggage.

Sara - "I can't stay with people who do not respect me."

Anjali - "Should I call for a taxi?"

Sara glared her and went away.

We all went into our rooms with our own thoughts.

But still, my mind was wandering around Anjali's encounter with Sara. She is a tigress. I felt happy, the reason is Anjali. Her unexpected behaviour on the beach. She even defended me. The feeling made me insane. I slept happily thinking about Anjali. 

____________________________________________________________________

Please vote, comment and share.