8. Doubts and Apology✔

Third Person's POV

Neha and Anjali left the terrace and moved towards their respective rooms. While Neha was going to her room, she noticed that the lights of Ajay and Nidhi's room were on. With an intention to know about the wellbeing of Rahul, she knocked the door. Nidhi asked her to come in.

Ajay and Nidhi's room

Neha enters the room to find Rahul sleeping on the bed, with his head laid down in Nidhi's lap. Ajay was sitting on the chair with Adi, who was sleeping in his arms.

Neha looked at Rahul's face. It was expressing pain. But there was something else also. It was hope. Nidhi found her reading Rahul's expression and said, "Anjali's words have given him some hope."

Neha - "I told Anjali...the truth about Sara."

Ajay and Nidhi looked at Neha and then nodded. Nidhi - "It's alright. Anjali is an understanding girl. Telling her will not be a problem."

Neha nodded and left the Mehra family to themselves.

Anjali and Aditi's Room

Anjali enters her room to find Aditi sleeping peacefully. Without disturbing her, she gets into the bed. She could not sleep. Her mind was filled with various thoughts, "Can one hurt another just because of business rivalry? Can someone be so inhuman? No.......maybe Sara was forced by her family to hurt Rahul. One and a half year of relationship and still no feelings. This is not possible. Maybe she loved Rahul but her family forced her." Her mind was not allowing her to believe that somebody could play with other's emotions to such an extent.

On the other hand, she could not help think about Rahul, "It is true that he is broken. But what I observed on Neha's birthday was also not wrong. Maybe...he wasn't flirting, maybe it's his natural behaviour. Maybe Rahul Mehra is not what I thought he is. One thing is guaranteed, the way he behaved with everyone, and the way he reacted to Sara's accusations, he cannot be someone who disrespects women. Rahul Mehra cannot play with other's emotions. I must apologize for misunderstanding him."

She makes up her mind and tries to sleep. But she could not. She could not forget the painful expression on Rahul's face. Her heart wanted to go and comfort him but she stopped herself from doing so. She laid still waiting for the night to pass.

Morning

Ajay, Rahul and Sanjay had left for their official work. Neeta and Aditi had left for shopping. Nidhi, Neha and Sara were sitting on the terrace. Adi was playing around.

Sara - "Are you trying to ignore me, Neha?"

Neha - "Not at all, Sara. I just want to play with Adi and this little devil is not coming to me."

Nidhi laughs at this statement. Neha again makes an attempt to catch Adi but he runs towards the entrance and bumps into Anjali. He looks at her and then hides behind her. Anjali picks him up and walks towards others.

Neha - "I am calling him from such a long time, he is not coming. And he came to you so easily."

Anjali laughs at this and says, "Children love the company of sweet people."

With this both, Anjali and Sara start teasing Neha. Even during their fun, Anjali's hands were busy playing with Adi. She kept tickling him or making faces at him. Nidhi kept on observing her. Suddenly, Anjali received a call from her colleague. She answered the call and was talking to her. During the call, her hands left Adi. The little boy started hitting her legs. She finished her conversation and kept the phone. Then she picked up Adi and asked him, "Why are you so angry baby?"

Adi - "You not play with me."

Anjali laughed at this and started playing with Adi. The day passed away. At evening, the house was once again occupied by all its members.

Garden

Rahul was sitting alone in the garden. He was thinking about the night before. Sara's accusations, Neha and Anjali's care and his family's​ support. Suddenly, he saw Anjali approaching him. He frowned.

Anjali came to him and said, "Rahul, I wanted to apologize for..."

Rahul - "For?"

Anjali - "Actually, at Neha's birthday party I misunderstood you. While you were trying to befriend me, I thought you were flirting. I misunderstood you as an womanizer. Rahul, I am really sorry. I..."

Rahul smiles and says, "It's alright Anjali. Neha told me about my blunder. But trust me, I am not a womanizer. My family has taught me to respect women."

Anjali smiles and asks him, "You are not angry, are you?"

Rahul - "No, not at all."

Anjali gives a sigh of relief.

Rahul - "Anjali, do you think we can be friends?"

Anjali - "Of course Rahul.

They shake hands and go inside the house together.

_____________________________________________________________________

Two chapters are being updated. Do not forget to check the next chapter.

Please vote, comment and share.