4. A Day With Mehras✔

A NEW MORNING

It's 8 o'clock. The servants are arranging the table for breakfast. Vijay and Mala enter the room and take their​ chairs. They are followed by Dilip and Nandini. Soon all four of them are joined by Ajay, Nidhi, Rahul, Rohit, Reeta and Adi.

Vijay and Dilip are busy talking about a business meeting. Nandini is oblivious to her surroundings. Ajay and Rahul make an eye contact. Ajay asks him if he is fine. Rahul just nods. Nidhi makes her son sit and starts helping the servants. Mala observes everyone and gestures Rohit and Reeta. They nod. Rohit stands up and goes to Vijay.

Rohit (in a dramatic manner) - "How do you feel after seeing your company on the top?"

Vijay laughs and gestures him to sit down.

Vijay - "It is a very good feeling. But this question should be asked to Ajay and Rahul. They are the reason for this success."

Ajay - "Dad, the main reason is Rahul. It is his workaholic nature. I don't know where he gets the energy."

Reeta - "Yes Rahul Bhai. What do you eat?"

While everyone is busy praising Rahul, he just looks at his mother. He waits for her to appreciate his work. But Nandini does not. Instead, she changes the topic.

Nandini - "Is our company signing the project with Agasthya Group Of Companies?"

Rahul - "Yes Mom. Ajay Bhai and I will be leaving for Mumbai in four days."

Nandini just nods. Rahul becomes upset seeing her behaviour.

Rohit - "Mom, I need your help in my college project. Will you help me?"

Nandini (affectionately) - "Of course, I will Rohit." (Reeta gives a sad expression) "No need to get upset Reeta, I will help you both."

Nandini's statement and the affection with which she said it, further upsets Rahul. Understanding his pain, Mala changes the topic.

Mala - "Nidhi, you and Adi also go to Mumbai with Ajay and Rahul. It will be a good outing for both of you."

Nidhi hesitates but Mala signals her to agree. Nidhi nods her head and Adi starts jumping with joy, making everyone laugh.

After the breakfast, Rohit and Reeta leave for their college. Vijay and Dilip go to their study to discuss a project. Ajay and Rahul leave for an early meeting. As Nandini goes to her room, Mala gestures Nidhi to sit with her. Nidhi obliges and sits next to Mala in the living room.

Mala - "Nidhi, I am sending you with Ajay and Rahul for a purpose. Take care of Rahul. He won't listen to Ajay but will listen to you."

Nidhi - "Don't worry Maa. Rahul is like my younger brother. I will take care of him."

Mala - "Okay. Now you go and start your packing. I will go and talk to Nandini. She needs to notice her son's pain."

With this Mala goes to Nandini's room while Nidhi goes to her room upstairs with Adi.

Nandini's room

Mala enters the room to find Nandini sitting on the couch and reading a book on psychology. Seeing Mala, Nandini puts her book down.

Mala - "You are so fond of reading books about psychology but you don't understand your son's psychology."

Nandini - "What happened bhabhi? Why are you saying this? What happened to Rohit?"