14. The Proposal✔️

A big thanks to @nagapriya for this wonderful cover 

Two months later

Anjali's POV

Two months have passed since Vikram​'s party. After the dance, I remembered my parents. I went to them but what I saw was amazing. My parents were smiling. My mother came to me and whispered, "Follow your heart, but don't take a wrong decision."

With that one event, Rahul and I became more close to each other. We started hanging out. He makes me feel loved. Within these two months, I understood that I am in love with him. I want to tell him but I am not sure about his feelings. I don't want to lose his friendship.

Today, he wants to meet me. He has asked me to come to Khanna Hotel. This is for the first time, he won't be picking me up. Strange. So today after school, I have to go to Khanna Hotel.

Hey, I did not tell you guys much about me. Well, I have done my post graduation in Economics and at present, I am teaching Economics at Delhi Public School.

Today, after school I left to Khanna Hotel in my scooty. After a half an hour ride, I finally reached my destination. Parking my scooty, I entered the Hotel to find Vikram himself waiting for me.

As I approached him, he presented me a beautiful bouquet.

"What have I done to earn this honour?"

Vikram - "Well, ask that to my friend." Saying so, he signalled someone. One of the hotel staff came forward.

Vikram - "He will take you to Rahul."

The staff member took me to the lift. We entered and he pressed the button indicating that we were going to the fifth floor. My mind was filled with various thoughts. Rahul calling me to a hotel, the owner of the hotel himself welcoming me, the staff escorting me to the room... everything seemed so strange.

My thoughts were interrupted by a sound indicating that we had reached the fifth floor. The staff member took me to a room. It seemed to be locked. Well, he had the key. He opened the door and gestured me to enter. As I did, he closed the door and probably left.

.

.

.

.

.

The room was beautifully decorated with flowers and balloons. But where was my host? "Rahul? Are you there?" Suddenly, the LED screen in front of me displayed a picture of mine from Neha's birthday party and then I heard Rahul's voice.

"When I saw you for the first time, I wanted to know you, talk to you. When you refused for the dance, I felt sad." With this, the screen displayed my photo with Neha while we were in Mumbai. "When you surprised us by coming to Mumbai, I was happy like hell." Now the screen was showing a photo of Rahul and me talking at Mumbai. "When you cared for me after Sara's accusations, I felt relieved​. You made me realise the fact that I have always ignored. My bhai and bhabhi's love. When you listened to all I had to tell you about my past and then talked about guitar and all, it was the first time I laughed after discussing my pain with someone." The screen was showing a picture of me in angry mode. How did he get this? This picture was with Aditi. I will kill her. "When you fought for me, I wanted to cheer for you. When you were jealous seeing someone else dance with me, I was in heaven."

With this, the screen went off and Rahul appeared. He kept on speaking while taking small steps towards me.

Rahul - "I don't say that you will never have tears in your eyes. But I promise that they will either be of happiness or I will be the one to wipe them. I don't say that I will never give you a reason to be angry. But I promise I will cool down your anger even before you realize it. I don't say that you will never have problems in your life. But I promise I will always be there to support you and face them." Now he was standing right in front of me. He went down on his knees and said, "Will you, Ms. Anjali Mishra, by any chance marry me? Will you be my life partner?" Saying this he took out a ring and looked at me for an answer.

Ohh God, the love of my life loves me back. Oh, my God. Is it a dream?? He proposed me and asked my hands for marriage too? Too many shocks at a time. My breath hitched in surprise. My legs turned into jelly. It was difficult for me to handle.

I think so, he read my face. Carefully he slipped his arm around my waist and made me sit on the couch. He offered me water. I drank few sips. He entwined our fingers. Easy. I blinked at his face. How could he know me so well?

Then my parent's image appeared suddenly in my eyes. The most important people in my life. They needed to know what happened in my life with Rahul. So I decided to postpone the acceptance.

Though I love him. Marriage is a big thing. What should I do? He is waiting for an answer. Oh help me, somebody help me. Aah! As if somebody will listen what is going inside my mind. What a fool I am! Okay, it's time to answer him.

"Rahul, marriage is a very big decision. I can't decide so easily standing over here. I need some time."

Rahul - "Take as much time as you want. I can wait. For now, let's have our lunch. I am hungry."

How an understanding of him. I felt mean hiding my feelings from him. But first of all, I needed to talk to Mumma. Without her, I will not be able to take such a big decision. And secondly, I am Anjali Mishra. Why should I do what everyone does? My style is different.

We had our lunch and it was soooooooo delicious. Well, I love three things a lot... scratch that - four. My family, food, guitar and now... Rahul. After our lunch, we chatted for a while and then I let for my home...to my mother.

__________________________________________________________

So friends, what do you think will me Anjali's answer??

Thank you so much for reading.....please do not forget to vote and comment.

- Purnima