Chapter 26;

Jack's pov

I turned to my side in bed, reaching out for Alex to pull into my embrace as I continued to slumber. With eyes still closed shut, my hands struggled to feel the warmth of his skin but instead got lost within the cool sheets. I groaned in frustration, eyes slowly snapping open and being harshly met with the light of the sun, beaming in through the curtains.

I sat up and glanced over at Alex's side of the bed, only to confirm what I already knew; that he was nowhere to be found. I glanced around the room before swinging my legs over to my side of the bed. I looked at the time on the digital clock, sat on the bedside table. It was past noon and I groaned once again. I've never realized how fast a person can grow accustom to things after a while. I mean, I use to be such a morning person but as of late, I've been sleeping in way past noon, which isn't exactly ideal for the average person.

I took a moment to let myself wake up a little more before going to look for Alex. I sluggishly removed myself from the bed and walked over toward the bedroom door, opening it. I went downstairs and into the living room, where I saw Vic sitting on the couch.

"Hey, good afternoon," Vic greeted me, as soon as he caught sight of me. I chuckled, before asking him if he knew where Alex is. Vic's demeanor changed when I asked that, almost as if he knew something that I didn't, which in this case he obviously did. "Y-yeah, Alex told me to let you know that he had to go do something and that he would be back later."

"He didn't say what though?" I questioned Vic further, only because I'm assuming Alex would tell Vic. I mean, Alex isn't one to just leave without telling anyone where he's going. That, and Vic is acting a bit weird since I asked about Alex's whereabouts.

"N-no, he d-didnt actually," Vic seemed to be stumbling upon his words. Which, I found strange because when I first met Vic, I always thought of him to be a fairly confident man.

"Weird. Well, what time did he leave?" I attempted to question Vic again, hoping he would at least know that.

"Early this morning," Vic stated, seeming more relaxed at this point.

"Like how early?" I was basically integrating poor Vic, and I probably seemed so obsessive and controlling right now, but that's not it. I'm just worried about Alex. Although, I don't know why I should be. Alex has proved me wrong before and I'm sure he will do it again. It's just something doesn't seem right to me.

"Around the time I took Kellin to work, which would've been at 8am. Speaking of it, I have to go get Kellin at work now. So I'll see you later, Jack," Vic said, getting up and walking over to the front door rather quickly. "And if I see Alex, I'll let him know that you are worried about him," Vic added, before stepping out the door and closing it shut behind him.

I sighed, walking back upstairs and into the guest room to get a pair of fresh clothes and a towel for a shower. I grabbed my iPod and disconnected it from it's charger, before taking it with me into the bathroom. Soon, Green Day and the sound of the shower head filled the silence within the house. I naturally began humming along to basket case, as I got undressed and hopped into the shower.

After my little karaoke session in the shower, I finished washing up and stepped out. I quickly wrapped the towel around my waist and then turned to shut off the shower. I walked over to the mirror and wiped away the fog with my hand, only to see a wet dog looking back at me.

I sighed, grabbing my things and heading back to the bedroom to get changed. I closed the door behind me and threw my iPod onto the bed. I picked my clothes for the day and got dressed. Then, opened the door back up again once I was done and after deciding on not doing my hair today, I went downstairs.

I heard footsteps outside once I walked into the living room and went straight to the front door where they were coming from. I swung the door open in excitement, only to have Kellin and Vic looking at me confused with still no Alex insight.

"Hey Jack. Alex hasn't come back yet?" Vic questioned.

"No, not yet. I thought you guys were him for a second," I chuckled awkwardly, as I stepped aside for them to finally come in.

"Hmm, I wonder what he's doing then?" Vic questioned further, but this time mostly to himself.

"Yeah, big mystery there," Kellin said sarcastically, as he walked past Vic and I and straight into the kitchen.

"Hey, I wouldn't worry too much. He's probably just out being productive. I mean, as long as I've known Alex- he can't really be doing nothing all the time. He likes to stay busy," Vic said to me.

"Yeah, that's true," I agreed.

"So I'm sure he will be back soon," Vic tried to assure me.

"Yeah, thanks Vic," I forced a smile at him before Vic followed Kellin to the kitchen.

Where the fuck are you, Alex? So much for us never leaving each other's side.

Like, share, or leave a comment? It would be much appreciated! (: