Chapter 4;

I had parked on side of the road, in fears of being hit by on going cars, which at the moment there were none but I rather be safe than sorry. I waited patiently for the brunette to make his way over to the vehicle. I was soon met with the same dark chocolate eyes from the day previous, as he hesitantly leant forward to look into the cars window at me. I quickly rolled down the window and greeted him.

"Hey, do you need a ride?" I asked with caution, not sure how he'd react to my offer. And honestly, I sound like an actual creep. So I don't blame him if he were to turn and run the other direction. That, and I don't know this dude and I'm offering him a free ride. (Don't you dare make it dirty, you sickos. Lul.) So if he were to accept, I'm not sure who'd be more insane: him or me.

"Sure, but don't you want to know where I'm headed first?" He questioned with a laugh.

"Right. Well, I assume since you were walking the same direction that I was driving, that you'd want a lift to wherever you're headed. It must be on the way, unless you're somehow conveniently going to Baltimore too," I gave a nervous laugh.

"Actually, I am," he admitted, smiling. And I was at a disbelief, because what are the odds of the two of us headed the exact same place. But as always I had to confirm it a little further.

"Maryland?" I asked, and he nodded his head in confirmation. "Same. So do you want a ride there or do you prefer to walk the whole way?" I meant for it to sound more sassy and cute, but instead I sounded like a pissed off father at his teenage daughter. Which speaking of pissed off fathers: I wonder how my dad is doing with my disappearing act? I still haven't checked my phone but I don't have to, to know that he's left me over a hundred voicemails and texts by now.

The brunette seemed more hesitant than I was: I mean, I'm basically picking up a hitchhiker, but he had accepted my offer and I helped him put his bag in the backseat with my things. Then, we both got on either side of the car but with me obviously still driving and restarted the engine to get back on the road again.

Or at least, I think he's a hitchhiker. After all, I didn't see a car broken down anywhere before I spotted him walking. That, and at the gas station I still saw no car that seemed to belong to him in the parking lot. So he had to be walking this whole time. Where was he coming from though? And why was he hitchhiking all the way to Baltimore? What could be so important there where he'd accept a ride from a stranger? I swear, this guy gets more and more interesting by the second to me.

"So I'm Alex, by the way," he mentioned, breaking the silence and bringing me back from my thoughts.

I glanced over at him and smiled, "people call me Jack." He smiled, and Alex chuckled before mumbling a nice at my lame attempt at being somewhat original.

"So Jack, how old are you exactly? And don't lie, I don't like lairs," he humored. And I don't know why but I had gotten extremely nervous at his question. I mean, if I were to tell him my actual age, he probably won't want a ride anymore or want anything else to do with a seventeen year old for that matter. Fuck it.

"20. What about you?" I decided to not reveal my true age and play it cool. I just hope that it's not too young or old. I mean, twenty is a good age. Right?

"Well, you look pretty young for your age," he amused, but I felt like he knew I was fucking lying, and didn't he say that he disliked lairs. Fuck. "I'm 28." WHAT!? I knew he was a bit older but not that much older. I was betting 25, 26 at the most, but this fucker don't even look 28.

"I could say the same about you," I humored, playing as if I weren't dying internally. Why are all the cute guys either straight or way too old for me? Like fuck. Daddy issues are looking too real for me at the moment.