Chapter 9;

Another early update up. I hope you like it. ~

I awoke to the most beautiful human being in my arms and smiled. Alex was still asleep, snoring softly and holding onto me like his life depended on it. I began to gently stroke his hair and even brushed most of it out of his face. He had started to wake up after that, beginning to slowly open his eyes until they were met with mine for the first time today.

"Good morning," I whispered softly at him. Alex smiled, moving his hand up to my face to caress it slightly.

"Good morning you," he had whispered back in his groggily morning voice, which was oddly sexy.

I leaned forward to press a kiss to his forehead, then to his nose, followed by his lips, to his jaw, and ending at his neck. Alex was fiddling with my hair the whole time, and had even lifted his head up to expose his neck that much more for me. I started to nip at the flesh of his neck after kissing it for a while, then I began sucking at it. I made sure to leave a dark, noticeable mark as Alex began to moan softly.

My hands started to wonder further down Alex's torso and had stopped for a second once reaching his navel. Do I really want to do this with him already? Actually, maybe I shouldn't. But before I could act on my own thoughts, Alex had already pulled my hand away for me.

"Maybe, we should get going. We'll be in Baltimore by noon if we get going now," Alex stated before sitting up and leaving the backseat, and me.

"Yeah, good idea," I agreed, getting out after him.

"Do you want me to drive again?" Alex asked, seeming fairly awkward at this point.

"Yeah, why not. You're a way better driver than me," I told him, with a nervous laugh before handing him the keys.

Alex just smiled awkwardly at me before getting in the drivers seat and starting the engine. Now look at what you've done, Jack. I sighed before opening the car door and getting in slowly. I had closed it after me and looked over at Alex, who already had his eyes set on me. I smiled to relieve the awkwardness from his face, but he just looked away and began pulling out the car.

"You want to pick a song this time?" I had asked him, after we got back on the freeway.

"No, it's fine. Plus, it's your turn to pick one," he said, not bothering to make any eye contact whatsoever with me.

"I know, but I want you to pick one. I don't know what to play," I said, in the most innocent voice I could muster.

"Then I guess we talk," Alex stated, seeming somewhat frustrated.

"Okay, so what do you want to talk about?" I asked, almost optimistically hoping to keep the mood light and less awkward, but I don't think that worked. Fuck.

"Why did you do what you did?" Alex questioned, eyes still focused mainly on the road.

"You mean, earlier?" I tried to sound somewhat confused, but instead just sounded like a complete asshole, as Alex finally glanced over at me.

"Yes, Jack. You know we can't be doing that. So why would you even attempt to try?" He asked, desperation clear in his voice as he stared me down. Sort of, he still had to pay most of his attention on the road or else we'd probably die. But at this moment, getting into a car crash and dying doesn't sound all that bad.

"I-I didn't know that we couldn't. Honest. I just wanted to be close to you," I could be a very smooth talker once needed, and it was most definitely needed right now. Alex's expression had changed after hearing my statement, and seemed more guilty then anything.

"I'm sorry, Jack. I just don't think that it'd be the best idea right now for us to be doing that, considering you still a minor and I would be a pedophile," Alex explained.

"I'm not a child, Alex, but I agree. We probably should just sick with making out for a while," I stated lightly.

"Hey, I'm not complaining," Alex had confirmed, smiling humorously at me.

"Good," was all I said, giving him a quick peck on the cheek before grabbing ahold of his hand, lacing our fingers together.

We had passed a sign that read welcome to Baltimore and as soon as I saw that, I couldn't believe that I actually made it. I can't wait to see my mom again and maybe if Alex wants, then I could introduce them. I'm just happy to be back, squeezing Alex's hand slightly to get his attention. He glanced over at me and we both just smiled at each other, as we were finally here.