Chapter 22;

Jack -

I made sure Kellin was fast asleep before walking out of the room. I closed the door quietly behind me and went back downstairs into the living room. Before Alex left to go get Vic, he made sure that everyone had left. So I was basically alone until they came back. I mean, aside from Kellin being passed out upstairs.

That being said, Alex has been gone for a while now. And I'll admit that I am worried. After, Alex told me about his past with abusing drugs. I can't help but be concerned for him. I mean, I trust Alex and I know he's a grown man that can take care of himself. It's just other people who I don't trust.

I sighed, walking into the kitchen to get a trash bag. I started cleaning up a bit to take my mind off of Alex and why it was taking him so long.

I've moved on from the living room, to the kitchen and I was nearly done cleaning the whole area in the kitchen, at this point. Finished cleaning, I tied the bag up and carried it out to the waste bin in front of the house, while trying to be as quiet as possible. Seeing as Vic has neighbors and it was nearing five in the morning.

Where the fuck are they? I kept questioning to myself. I mean, I hope everything is okay and that those people Vic is with, didn't give Alex any trouble for taking him back home.

I closed the lid to the trash bin, when I saw headlights pulling up into the driveway. I immediately noticed that it was my car, and quickly made my way over to the driver's side.

"Alex," I said happily, trying to open up the car door for him. He beat me to it though, and the car door swung open. "Vic?"

"Hey dude. Where's Kellin?" Vic asked, as he closed the car door behind him.

"He's inside; asleep. Where's Alex?" I questioned, confused as all fuck.

Vic glanced over to the car at the passenger side for second, before looking back at me and sighing.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen," Vic told me.

"Didn't mean for what to happen?" I asked, almost about to have a heart attack at this point. Maybe I was right about Alex not being strong enough yet to say no to that shit. I'm so dumb. I shouldn't have let him go alone.

"For ruining Kellin's birthday and for Alex almost passing out at the wheel, that I had to take over the rest of the drive home. I'm sorry, but thank you for taking care of Kellin."

"I'm not the one that you should be apologizing to, Vic. Although, of course. Thank you for bringing Alex back safely."

"You're right. I'll do that later though. Let's just get Alex inside for now."

I agreed, and helped get Alex off of the car and into the house. We laid him down onto our shared bed.

"Thanks, but I got it from here," I told Vic.

"Okay. Well, here's your car keys," Vic handed the keys over to me, before beggining to walk out the room.

"Wait, Vic," I called after him, stopping him in his tracks.

"Yeah?"

"He didn't use. Did he?" I questioned lightly, and almost cautiously.

"Of course not. You don't need to worry about him, Jack. Alex is a big boy. He knows what's right and that's why he's with you. You make him a better person. And I can tell that he loves you so much," Vic assured me.

"I know, and thanks. I just wanted to make sure, because I love him so much," I confessed.

"Of course. Well, goodnight."

"Night," I said, before Vic walked out and  closed the door behind him.

I turned my attention back to Alex again. I took off his shoes and socks for him, as well as his pants and jean jacket. I didn't remove his shirt though. For the simple fact that everything is way more effort when you're slightly drunk. So I passed on that, and got ready for bed myself before sliding into bed with Alex.

I cuddled up next to my boyfriend and grabbed the blankets to pull over us. Usually, I would check to see if Alex was breathing when he passes out drunk like this. Only because I turn into a total mother when I drink. But when I was undressing him earlier, he kept groaning and moving around a little bit. So I think he's good. Plus, I'm really close to him and can feel his chest moving up and down.

I'm just so happy and relieved that Alex didn't use tonight. Not that he has been, but that's probably because he hasn't had it offered to him without me always being there. So I was a little hesitant about letting him go alone to go get Vic from that place, and I'm sure that they asked Alex if he wanted any. I mean, I'm only assuming because Kellin practically exposed that Alex knew where Vic went to go use. So I'm more than sure, Alex would go there to use when he was on that stuff as well, at one point. With all that being said though, I'm just so proud of him.

Vote, comment, and share it up dudes! It would be very much appreciated! (: