Chapter 7;

I was surprised as Alex showed no signs of hesitation and began moving his lips slowly against mine. I quickly followed his lead and moved my lips in sync with his. Things were slow and sweet, as Alex had cupped the side of my face with his hand and I began running my fingers through the back of his hair, gripping onto it slightly. I was stunned and was being slowly engulfed by him.

We both pulled back, and looked at each other with blessful eyes. Alex seemed as if he were admiring me or something and I felt a little awkward, shying away from his gaze. Alex noticed and grabbed ahold of my hand with his, and I glanced down at our hands together before looking back up at him. He smiled briefly at me, before looking down at our hands.

"What's wrong?" I asked squeezing his hand slightly to get his attention even more.

"I'm sorry," was all he said. Now I'm concerned. What if he didn't actually mean to kiss me? I dared myself to ask him.

"For what?" I questioned timidity. Alex had decided to look at me again, and smiled.

"Because I didn't kiss you first," He had admitted. And I immediately felt like a weight had been lifted from my chest.

"Honestly, I could've waited forever for you," I confessed, causing Alex to blush.

We shared another kiss before deciding that we better get back on the road and packed up the leftovers from our little picnic.

"You could drive," I told Alex, once we had finished putting everything away and I handed him the keys.

"Really?" He asked, almost shockingly as he grabbed onto the keys with caution.

"Yeah, I'm tired of driving. Plus, I trust you," I explained, smiling at him. Alex said nothing but his facial expressions told all.

We had both hopped in the car and Alex started it, getting back onto the main road and speeding off. I had turned up the radio as Yellowcard came on shuffle and grabbed onto Alex's hand. He quickly glanced at me and smiled before directing his attention back to the road.

For one reason or another, things seemed the same as they were between us. It wasn't awkward which I was grateful for because that was my second biggest fear, besides being completely rejected by Alex. I'm still trying to figure out why he had kissed me back in the first place, but I'm glad that he did. Again, I need to let things be, instead of always trying to fix them. Sometimes things just can't be fixed. Not that Alex needs fixing, but we all have our problems.

I had realized something as I was creepily staring at Alex drive, and that was the fact that we were almost to Baltimore. I was starting to get nervous, letting go of Alex's hand and beginning to stare out of the window.

The sun was starting to set, as I stared out into the fields. I felt Alex start to slow down the car and before I knew it, we were parked on the side of the road.

"What's going on?" I asked, confused as fuck, looking back at Alex.

"You tell me, Jack," he said, almost accusingly. I stared at him with desperation, trying to figure out what he meant. Then, "what did you mean when you asked me if I was running away from my father, too?"

I still said nothing and continued to play like I didn't know what he was talking about, when in all actuality I did and fuck. I really didn't want to be having this conversation with him. Especially, not this soon.

"Jack, what did you mean? I'm not accusing you, I'm just curious of what you meant. Are you running away from your father?" Alex questioned, with desperation laced all in his voice as he spoke to me. I sighed before deciding to finally talk.

"Yes," was all I said, and I was refusing to make eye contact with him at this point, not wanting to see his reaction.

"Why?" He asked in almost a whisper.

"Because he took me away from my mom, and wouldn't even let me see or talk to her after a while of living with him," I explained, trying to be as brief as possible.

Alex looked reasonably confused as he continued to further question me, "but you're 20. Why would you need to run away? I would've just told him to go fuck himself and that I'm going to see my mom."

I didn't know what to tell him that wouldn't involve me revealing my true age. I couldn't lose Alex, not this soon when I had barely got him. But the truth always comes out eventually, and once Alex finds out that I've been lying to him from the very second we had met, I'll for sure lose him then. Maybe if I tell him now, things won't be so bad and he'd appreciate my honesty.

"I'm not 20, I'm actually only 17," I confessed, and I will never forget the look on his face when I said that. Alex looked almost disgusted, but not at me. "I-I just didn't want you to feel uncomfortable riding with a 17 year old, that's all. My intentions were harmless, downright innocent when I picked you up. I swear. I didn't mean to lie to you, Alex."

Alex seemed at a loss of what to say, as he continued to stare blankly at me. I knew that when I had decided to kiss him, that I'd have to sooner or later reveal my age to him. I just didn't think it'd be all in the same day. But I guess it's for the better if he decides to never talk to me again, considering I'm basically jail bait.