Chapter 18;

I'm not exactly sure what happened between Alex and his mom. Besides the fact that she was mad and wanted us out. Although, Alex has promised that he would tell me once we left. That obviously hasn't happened yet. Actually, he hasn't said one word to me since we left his mom's. I don't even know where we are headed to right now.

"Um, where are we going?" I asked timidly, looking over at him.

Alex continued to ignore me and pulled up in front of a convenient store. I watched as he turned off the engine and got out of the car, slamming the door behind him and walking inside the building.

I was so confused with everything at the moment. I was trying to understand what just happened and why Alex was being so weird. I mean, I've never seen him like this before. I didn't even think Alex had a different side to him like that. Where he would yell at his own mother and go so low as to calling her a bitch. There has to be something that I'm missing because nothing is making sense right now.

A few seconds later, after trying to reflect. Alex came walking back out of the store with a brown paper bag in hand. I immediately knew what he had bought once I noticed it. Only because, my mom would always come here to get alcohol for herself too, and come out with the same brown paper bag.

"Sorry about that baby," Alex said, getting back into the car and closing the door.

"Here, I got you this," he confessed, pulling out a chocolate bar from the pocket of his denim jacket; that I adored oh-so much on him.

"Thanks," was all I said, grabbing the item from him.

"Of course. I figured that you might be hungry," Alex said with a smile.

"And it's my favorite candy bar," I added, giving him a slight smile back before, glancing back down at the candy bar in my hands.

"I know. But hey, everything is going to be okay. I promise," Alex stated, as he gripped onto my hand and squeezed it gently.

"I know. I trust you- I love you," I admitted, placing my other free hand on his. I looked up to see Alex staring at me with the cutest smile on his face.

"I love you too."