September 14

Wow life moves fast....

Carson has been gone for almost 3 weeks. I have had so many doctors appointments. I swear they just need to give me my own parking space there. One of the tough parts about being a legal adult now is that they don't tell Kathy information about my health and then tell me. They tell us together. Which means a lot of times I'm consoling her instead of the other way around.
The trial I have been on isn't showing the results my team and I have been hoping for. Everyone keeps wanting to give me more pills or inject something else into my body. Often times at night when I go down stairs for some water, I'll pass by the room Kathy sleeps in and I'll see her sitting there staring at a computer screen jotting down notes. Notes about new treatments or doctors or cases like mine. But my case seems to be exactly that my case. No one else seems to have been misdiagnosed or then given up their liver as a problem solver but I have. Today I sat in this board room at the hospital listening to the doctors and Kathy talk about next steps, where do we go from here, options, do I need another type of cologist. The answer to that last one was no. Every now and then a med student that's doing their residency or fellowship gets to sit on one of these meetings. And today I did something quite crazy. I raised my hand. Jacqueline then said " yes Spencer your thoughts"
"I want to hear from you" I pointed at the med student who was writing things down and watching everyone talk like it was a tennis match on tv. "Tell me what you think. You've heard my options and seen all my scans, blood work, what are your thoughts?"
Jacqueline gave him like some kind of medical nod which I think was the go ahead speak, don't just be a warm body nod.