February 11

Today was the big Valentine's Day dance at my school. It was honestly so much fun. I wore this dress that was the color nude and had a black lace over it. Michael wore a black bow tie and suspenders. He was so cute. He bought me a corsage with a rose it was so pretty.
Between Kathy and his parents we took about a 1,000 photos. I was the first girl he had ever actually asked to the dance as a date. Apparently some girls would ask him and he would take them as just friends. But I was the first one he actually wanted to go with.
We would be taking pictures and his mom would say Michael look at the camera. Well come to find out she was saying that because he would be looking at me. There's one picture that Kathy took and it's him with his arms around my waist and he is looking at me and I have the biggest smile on my face.
When we go to the location of the dance, we walked in and instantly people were commenting how cute we looked together and how we should win cutest couple. Michael had agreed to sing a song per request of our entire school. He sang the song Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeren. During the song I just sat there, listening to him. Out of the corner of my eye, Carson and I made awkward eye contact. I saw him swaying to a song with Klaire. I knew instantly he wanted to be home. He hates school dances. As the night was wrapping up Michael and I won cutest couple. We got called up on stage and we got crowns and sashes. After the dance some of our friends were going bowling, but for some reason I was really really tired. I got in Michael's truck and instantly fell asleep.
February 12
I woke up in my bed like how on earth did this happen. Michael texted me good morning beauty. I asked how I got into my bed. Apparently he drove me home, talked to Kathy who said it was fine to carry me in, and he set me in my bed. I told him that he was a truer than true gentleman. I laid there my hair curled, messy as messy could be. I walked downstairs and saw Kathy sitting there reading the paper on her tablet and sipping coffee.
"You have an appointment with Jacqueline on Tuesday."
-"ok"
"You scared?"
-"I'm trying not to think about it."
"Same."
We exchanged glances. The past year has been rough for the both of us. Life can never seem to go our way. We both know that this appointment is a big one.
It's been a little over six months since my episode.
It's been almost a year since my parents left me.
Kathy says she is going into town to run some errands and that all the pictures from last night are on her tablet. I start scrolling through. There are so many. I look so happy. My favorite had to be the one of him and I just looking at each other laughing.
I sent that picture to Michael.
He send "omg I had the cutest date last night. What are you doing today?"
-"just homework. You?"
"I had to work this morning from 4 to 10."
I look at the clock. Holy cats it's like 10:45. Man I really was tired.
-"wow. I just woke up. Want to come over and do homework together?"
"Sure. Be over in 7 minutes."

It is so hard to do homework with him sometimes. He will just sit there and be like did you get the answer yet? I look up and he is grinning. I know he has the answer, so I say no. While we were sitting there Kate & Taylor called me.
Hey Spencer.
-hi guys
what happened last night?
-what do you mean what happened?
You looked so amazing. And when all of us went bowling, you and Mikey were MIA
- oh ya. I was really tired.
OMG IS YOUR CANCER BACK. How are you feeling does your side hurt? Do you feel light headed? We are our way.
- wow guys slow you're roll. My cancer isn't back that I'm aware of (Michael's ears perk up) I feel fine. I was just tired. I'm allowed to be tired you know. Don't worry about coming over Michael is here.
After a little more chit chatting we hang up and Michael asks " what do you mean our cancer is back that you are aware of?"
I explain how on Tuesday I have a doctors appointments and they will do all the necessary testing. Blah blah. I calm him down saying I feel great it's just like a check up.
He looks at me and says " so after all that mayhem with the doctor what do you want to do for Valentine's Day? Or do you want to do anything?"
I can't believe it. My first Valentine's Day with a boyfriend and I have a frieken doctors appointment.
"Well, how about we just watch movies here and eat ice cream? Because depending on my appointments I may or may not be feeling 100%. Sorry." I look down in my lap. He tells me I have nothing to apologize for because that plan sounds absolutely amazing. We begin to work on our health project which is do at the end of the month. We have to come up with a meal plan for one day that meets all the necessary nutrients. Luckily for my Dr. Jacqueline had written me one a few months back and I just copy and paste that into the document. Michael says he is jealous. Then he looks at me and apologizes. "Why are you apologizing?"
"Because I kinda just joked about your cancer."
I look at him and grab his hands.
" listen, I know you feel like you need to be sensitive about my cancer but honestly I would prefer if you were just real with me. I've accepted the fact I have had cancer, you need to too. It's okay cancer is not a swear word. Plus the more real about it you are the better I feel."
He looks at me and smiles and says"ok"