Chapter 29

A/N: THIS chapter is going to be intense, I promise you dear readers. So, just keep reading and you'll find out. OKAY, so this isn't exactly the climax of the story, but..just..yeah.

Of course, you all know Max Hale. You know, huge, blond and dumb? And unfortunately, my best friend's twin brother as well.

Yeah, that Max Hale.

It's New Year's eve, and like always, Max Hale (goodness, that's the third time I've said his name in a minute) is throwing a party tonight at his house.

Now, of course you all also know that the kid hates my guts, but of course since I'm best friends with his sister (and that I could kick his ass), I've been to his parties for years now.

And this is where Max Hale's party gets intense.

Of course we all know that you get to kiss someone the moment the clock strikes 'New Year' right? 

Well, Max, like the usual nutcase he is, does some random mix-ups so you won't know who you're gonna have the kiss with. 

Like two years ago. 

Max had everyone give the kiss to the person with the same shade of color of shirt you're wearing. 

Lucky for me, I've been saved from that scene last year because I was hiding in the bathroom.

Sarah, on the other hand, ended up kissing, not my brother, but some random skater guy. 

Who was hot by the way, but of course, since it wasn't my brother, she never considered it.

Then last year, Max had another crazy idea with the mix up. 

I forgot what the mix-up was because 30 minutes before the clock struck twelve, me and Sarah decided to leave their house and ran off to the park. 

Though, I remember some couples agreeing to wear the same shade and color of shirt just in case, which basically made me crack up.

So, to be safe, I decided to wear a bra, and only a bra at Max Hale's party.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, right. 

Of course, that was a joke! I'm not going to wear that! I mean, it's like 0 degress for crying out loud!

BUT OF COURSE, with a party,

Comes the great Jace Morgan.

It was, maybe, 8 in the evening and as usual, Sarah wanted me to wear what she had in mind. 

OF COURSE I had to say no and decided to go with my all black, plus the jacket that Adam got me.

By the way, Sarah was going as Nick's date, and not that I want to make conclusions or anything but, I kinda unintentionally got a peek of my brother half-naked, and he was wearing the boxers Sarah got him. 

And I don't want to think anything gross, but... yeah.

"Ooooh! So hot!" Sarah said, the moment I put the jacket on "Like a biker chick and stuff" I rolled my eyes and eyed (as gross and weird as that sounds) Sarah. 

She was wearing a plaid shirt, scarf, beanie and leggings and an ankle boots.

"Well you look... not you" I told her, and the grin on her face faded

"I just told you you looked hot, and that's the only thing I could get from you?" she stated, which made me laugh.

"No. Dude, no. Saying that you don't look like you is actually a compliment" I told her