Chapter 35

"Captain, I can spot Team Pony a few feet away. Over"

"Can you see if I can shoot him from my spot, Gab-- I mean, soldier? Over"

"Yes. Yes you can. Over"

"Guys, really? I can hear you even without the walkie talkies"

"Speak like a soldier, soldier"

"Oh.. my bad. I mean, team pony can still hear you even without the walkie talkies. Over"

"TIME!" Angela called out as she stood up from behind the couch "I am going to my team's place, so we can discuss properly how we're going to destroy you" And with that, Angela walked over to where her team's base, which was, me, as I let out the laugh that I was holding.

"Remind me again why my sister decided to team up against me?" Jace asked

"Because your sister knows a winner when she sees one, and it's not you" I answered.

And before I could even say another word, Jace pulled the trigger of his nerf gun and aimed a dart at me. 

Thankfully I was able to dodge the dart, because if I didn't, I wouldn't get the chance to watch this loser get his ass beaten by his 7-year old sister. 

Of course, Jace just rolled his eyes at my fits of giggles.

"Can we resume?" Jace asked.

"Hang on Jace. I haven't given a strategy to my team yet!" Angela told her brother, making Jace roll his eyes, for the second time in two minutes.

"Women" he said.

"Okay" Angela said as she faced me "You give me commands on when I should aim at Jacey, ok?"

I saluted

"Ma'am yes ma'am" I answered, making Angela smile.

Then the game resumed.

We peeked from behind the counter and saw Jace refilling his gun with ammo.

"So captain. Here's how it will go" I started "When team pony starts to aim on top of the couch, I'll start aiming at him and position my gun on top of the counter. He'll be so focused on my aim, that he won't notice when you'll aim at him and position your gun on the side. Got it?"

Angela nodded.

"Got it" Angela answered. We continued watching Jace, or should I say, 'Team Pony's base, and after a few seconds later, Jace positioned his gun by the couch. As expected. 

I felt the grin slowly grow on my face as I signaled Angela to go into position. I positioned my gun on top of the counter. Jace quickly pulled the trigger the moment he saw my gun and aimed at me. But before he could, Angela beat him to it and shot him straight on his chin.

And with that, Angela and I got out of our "base" and did a little victory dance.

Jace pulled the dart off his chin as he whined about losing.

"Damn. Really? That wasn't fair. You guys cheated!" Jace said

"No we didn't. It was a strategy" I answered

"Just admit it Jacey" Angela said "You. Got. Your. Butt. Beaten. By. Girls" she added as she wiggled her butt and mocked her brother. Nevertheless, it was too cute for Jace to start melting for his sister. A smirk grew on Jace's face as he shook his head. He then kneeled forward and pinched his sister's cheeks

"If you weren't so adorable, I wouldn't let this team make it out of here alive" Jace said then got up.

"So. Dinner?" I asked