Chapter 3

A/N: Dear to everyone reading this (and basically to everyone who have been reading my other stories) I'm really really REALLY sorry for not updating. I have been really busy lately, and I've been mentally blocked (if that's even a phrase, I dunno). Sooo, what I'm trying to say is.....yeah, here's my update:)

You are, Gabby. You are. And before you know it, you'll fall head over heels for me...like those other girls around

Jace's words kept replaying in my mind that I couldn't think straight the entire morning. 

And by 'I couldn't think straight', I meant, almost walking through the lamp post in front of Nick's car. 

My brother was kind enough to let me borrow his car since I "seemed" to be not in the mood today and whatnot. And to think that was worst, I almost entered the boy's bathroom! Good thing, one guy from my math class (whom I happened to tutor before) came out and stopped me from any possible embarrassment. 

Geez, what a day!

I took a deep breath as I stared at the windshield like a complete weirdo for a few more seconds, before actually deciding to put the key in the ignition and rev up the car. 

Going home and maybe taking a nap was the only thing I wanted to do since I woke up this morning, even before the whole Jace incident. 

I mean, what did he mean by 'I'm going to pay' and 'I'll fall head over heels for him'??

More importantly, why the hell wouldn't his words leave my mind?!

Not gonna lie, I'm probably one of the school's 'nerds'. 

And because of my straight A's, some people would think that I'm like one those typical nerds who go home, study for bazillion hours, sleep and practically live without any social life or whatever. 

Aaaanndd that's pretty much where everyone's just WRONG! 

To be honest, I don't study at home, I cram before quizzes and exams, and believe it or not...I'm not a virgin.

Not that you, or anyone should care, but yeah, that's the one thing that no one (except for Sarah, of course) knows about me. 

The guy who popped my cherry is another story, and truth be told, I'd rather not talk about him. 

I go to parties, YES, since my brother is, after all, one of the school's jock, and...yeah, that's about it. Aside from those stuff, I'm actually living the boring life.

The moment I entered my house, I knew I was all alone. I couldn't hear nor smell food being prepared, or loud thumps on the ceiling. So yeah, alone.

I placed my bag down on the couch, headed towards the kitchen and took out snacks, since dad promised he'd take me out tonight for punching some douchebag. I smirked at the thought of the purplish-black color under his eye. Thinking about it makes me feel so... powerful. Like I've gained some type of control or something.

I plopped myself on the couch and continued to munch on the chips as I watched random shows on TV.

By 5pm, people started showing up. By the time dad arrived, he placed his satchel down and called out to me.

"Gabby c'mon. We have a pizza date" dad reminded me as he waved his keys in the air. A smile grew across my face and I got off the couch and followed him to his car.

"So.." my dad goes after  we gave our orders.

"So...?" I ask, mimicking my dad's voice

"Tell me about school..." NO WAY my dad's interested in school right now!

"Um...good. I guess.." I answer as I notice my dad smirk.

"How about what happened the other day?" he asked "Or better yet, tell me what happened yesterday" I KNEW IT!

"Well...what did you want to know dad?" I asked. He just shrugged

"How you beat up that boy. Now who is he? I want to know. Have I met him before? Is he one of Nick's friends? Is he--"

"DAD! What's with all the questions?" I said, cutting him off.

"Well, I suddenly started to worry about guys in your school" he suddenly stops talking then takes a second to stare at me. "You're not lesbian, are you Gabby?"

"No, dad. God no." I say, relief building my dad's system

"Oh thank god" he answered "I mean I would still accept you if you were" dad added, making me roll my eyes as our order arrives. 

Two large vegetarian pizza. One for me, and one for my dad. Pigging out at its finest.

The night went well. I've never really had conversations like this with my dad lately. And by lately, I meant 4 years. 

And honestly, I did kinda miss it.

We both got out of the car as we walked over to our door with my dad's arm wrapped around my shoulders.

"I missed this dad" I said

"We should really do this more often huh kiddo" he said, completely messing up my hair.

"Do I have to punch another douche for us to do this again dad?" I asked, earning a giggle from the both of us. My dad shook his head as he reached for the door knob and we both went inside.

"There's my two sweethearts!" my mom said, giving my dad a peck on the lips. Ew. "did you two have fun?"

"Course we did!" my dad exclaimed

"Nick home yet?" I asked

"Upstairs in his room, sweetie." my mom answered. I simply nodded and went upstairs as I heard loud music blaring through his room. 

I went straight to my room, locked my door and hurried over to the bathroom to take a shower and end this day completely, and hopefully stress-free.