Chapter 4

"So, what are you wearing tonight?" Sarah asked me.

"No idea" I answered as I placed my books inside my locker.

"Anyway, I'm coming over later after school so I could pick out your outfit for you and stuff.."

"Stuff?" I asked as I glanced at her. She opened her mouth, but before she could say anything, my locker door slams close.

"Hey Anderson!" I sigh, already knowing who just arrived. I turn around and my eyes widen the moment my eyes is met with a set of red lips. My eyes immediately looked up, only to meet the hazel eyes that used to melt me.

HELL erase that! 

I quickly move a bit far away from him and get down to business. "Yo. Sarah. Your brother wants to talk to you" Sarah gulped then looked at me, then at Jace, then back to me.

"He tell you why?" Sarah asked "Or is this just your lame way of wanting to be alone with Gabby?" Jace rolled his eyes.

"If I said yes, will you leave?" Both my and Sarah's eyebrows shot up, clearly impressed. Nonetheless, Sarah rolled her eyes and turned her heel. 

Jace and I watched her walk away. By the time she was already out of sight, Jace looked down at me then smirked.

"Morgan, Morgan, Morgan. I was wondering when you'd finally come to me and apologize" I told him

"Ha ha. Cute." He answered sarcastically, making me roll my eyes "But no"

"Whatever. Why are you talking to me?" I asked

"Heard you're going to Adam's party tonight" he stated

"What's it to you?" I asked, with my arms crossed and my eyebrow arched.

"Just, reminding you to watch it babe" he said as he winked and smirked, then walked away.

Babe? OH HELL NO! He did NOT just call me that!

A slap on his face was probably suitable at that situation, but I decided against that. I suddenly couldn't find the right words to say. I was suddenly speechless. Instead, I sighed and began walking as the bell rang.

The morning went by soooooooo slow. I was only pulled back to reality the moment the bell rang signaling lunch. 

I immediately gathered my things and stood up to get the hell out of that room, and walked over to my locker before heading off to the cafeteria. 

Surprisingly though, Sarah was waiting for me by my locker.

"Hey" I said as she moved over to let me open my locker and place my books inside.

"Heard there's going to be pizza today, so hurry up!" Sarah exclaimed, making me groan

"Gawd no! I've been eating pizza for two days straight now!!" I practically whined.

"That's you, Gabby. Not me. So hurry up!" Sarah said, closing my locker shut, then pulled me over to the crowded cafeteria and got in line.

"There's only one pizza left" the bored cafeteria lady told me and Sarah

"I'm not eating pizza. You can have it" I told Sarah. Cafeteria lady rolled her eyes and placed the last piece on Sarah's tray, then looked back at me with scary narrow eyes. 

"I'll take the mashed potatoes" I said as she dumped a spoonful of potatoes on my gravy. It honestly looked gross but hell, either that or pizza for the third time.

Before we could head over to our table, I checked left and right for some douche namedJace Morgan.

 Hey, better safe than sorry. I sighed in relief when I didn't see any signs of him and followed Sarah over to our table then started to dig in our food.

"So, what did Jace want?" Sarah asked

"Oh, he wanted to know if I was really going to Adam's" I answered

"That's it?" Sarah asked 

"He also told me to "watch it babe". Whatever that meant" I said with a shrug.

"He is not as threatening like he thinks he is" Sarah said as she forked the fallen pineapple on her plate and I nod agreeing. "Although kudos to him for being honest about wanting to get you alone. The 'Max' thing was so lame, like, Max isn't even in school today"

"What?" I asked, looking up from my food in disbelief. Clearly hanging out with Max made Jace dumb down he forgot about that one crucial information.

"You heard right, sister" Sarah said and continued to eat from her plate. I shook my head as I let out a laugh.

Shrugging the thought off, I finished eating my potatoes.

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"NO!"

"YES!!!!!!"

It's 9:30pm and me and Sarah are getting ready AND we've been arguing for the past three hours.

"Just put the outfit on Gabby!" Sarah demanded

"I am NOT wearing that slut wear, Sarah!" I said, looking at the outfit Sarah picked out. She picked out a grey mini skirt and a white tank top. And to top it all off, she brought out my five-inch heeled pumps. I never even knew I owned those things!

"Earth to Gabby, you own those!" Sarah said

"So? I'm still not wearing them" I answered as I went over to my closet and took out a pair of jean shorts and put them on with the tank top Sarah took out, and paired it out with my black converse. I turned around and saw Sarah standing in front of me, pursed lips, and arms crossed over her chest.

"What?" I asked.

"Fine, you can wear that. It's actually kind of cute" she said, making me smirk a bit at her remark. 

She took a deep breath, then walked over to my vanity to fix her hair and make up. 

I took a quick peek at my mirror and noticed that I looked kind of, deranged. 

But instead of asking Sarah to turn my face into a cake, I went over to my vanity and got my powder brush and swiped a generous amount of powder on my face. And to top it all off, I put on black eyeliner, and done.

"Any minute now, beautiful" I said, crossing my arms over my chest as I watched Sarah put on make-up.

"Done. Leggo!" she said as she placed my eyeshadow brush down and stood up then grabbed her jacket and pushed me over to my door.

"Where's Nick?" Sarah asked as we got inside her car.

"Over some girl's house for, you know what? I don't know" I answered

"Hmm. K" she answered with a shrug and revved up her car. I couldn't help but stare at her for a few seconds and think something like Is she serious? 

I mean COME ON! Who wouldn't feel weird that your BEST FRIEND IN THE WORLD is in love with your immature, gross, and douche-slash-asshole of a brother? 

Right? Right.

It's been years since I've learned about Sarah's weird feelings for Nick, and I still haven't moved on from it.

Music was already blaring through the house the moment we got there. 

Good thing I didn't wear high heels since we had to park two blocks away from Adam's house, since cars were already parked up on his front yard. 

Sarah, on the other hand, decided to pair her dark washed skinny jeans with a 3-inch wedge.

"Shut up!" Sarah squealed before I could burst out laughing

"What??" I asked

"Whatever. You're helping me walk, though" she said, holding out her hand.

"I know. I know" I answered as I took her hand and led the way to Adam's house.