Chapter 18

"You and Adam, huh?" Sarah asked.

"Yep" I answered, not taking my eyes off my locker.

"So, what happened on the date? How'd he ask you to be his girl? I want to know EVERYTHING!" Sarah demanded as I closed my locker and leaned on it. 

I opened my mouth, but before I could tell Sarah the details she wanted to hear, two arms were wrapped around my waist, and I felt a kiss on my cheek. 

Of course, I didn't have to turn around to know that it was Adam.

"Hey babe" he mumbled through my shoulder.

"Hey yourself" I told him. He chuckled then placed his chin on my shoulder

"Hey Sarah, what's up?" Adam told Sarah.

"Nothing important. Your girlfriend here was just about to tell me all about your date, but now you're here. But aside from that, nothing, really"

"SARAH!" I snapped, staring at Sarah with wide eyes. Sarah shrugged, and Adam chuckled.

"I promise, she'll tell you that later. Right now, she's mine. Cool?" Adam told Sarah

"Fine" Sarah said as she looked at me, then at Adam then smirked and turned around to walk away. My eyebrows arched up as I watched her, then faced Adam.

"So, what did you want?" I asked

"I just wanted to see my girlfriend. Is there something wrong with that?" Adam answered

"You just saw me a couple of minutes ago. You drive me to school, remember?"

"Yeah well, I already miss you" I grinned at that, and exactly the bell rang. Adam let go of me then kissed me on my temple. Aww! Talk about being a complete gentleman my boyfriend is!

"See you later, beautiful" Adam said as he let go of my hand then walked away. Me, on the other hand, stood frozen on my tracks as I watched him before snapping back to reality and realizing that I had to run across the hallway to get to my first class on time.

The moment I laid my tray on the table and sat down, Sarah slammed her hand on the table and faced me as she scooted closer.

"Well????" she asked, resting her elbows on the table and her chin on her hands as she looked at me with full attention.

"Okay fine" I said, taking a deep breath

"So, by Friday, when he dropped me off at Jace's, he asked me out. Then, by Saturday night, he took me to the street fair. You know, walking around, playing with the games and all. Eventually, we got tired and hungry so he bought us corndogs and soda and while we were sitting on his car's hood, he asked me to be his girl, and it was SOOOO cute! He was like, stuttering all throughout, and yeah. We kissed, I said 'yes' and there was fireworks everywhere"

Sarah fluttered her eyelashes at me, then gushed after a few seconds of letting the information sink in.

"That was such a cute date Gabby! I didn't know you liked cliché' things!" Sarah said

"I don't, okay? It just so happens... that those things happened at that exact moment" I said as I faced my food and started to eat

"Says the girl that don't date!" Sarah implied. I playfully rolled my eyes and took a bite from my burger "Anyway, are you not eating lunch with Adam today?"

"Nah. Lunch time's me and you time" I told Sarah, earning another 'aww' from her.

"That's exactly why you're my best friend!" Sarah said, making me huff