Chapter 12

I wonder where Adam's taking me tonight.

My mind kept thinking over and over again. It's like a never ending loop.

I gotta admit I'm pretty excited for my date with Adam. 

He's actually a nice guy, fun to talk to, and I bet he's as fun in personal as he is when we're just talking on the phone.

It's 7:30pm and Nick isn't home yet. 

And I hope, he's anywhere else but Sarah's house.

Erase that!

It's 7:30pm, and I'm not yet ready for my date!

By 7:50, I heard a car nearing my house. 

I looked outside my window and saw Adam's car parked on our front yard. He got out of his car and headed off to my door. I hurriedly finished my whole look, grabbed my purse, phone and jacket, and headed off downstairs. And what I saw, kind of surprised me.

Nick was standing beside Adam, looking like an overprotective brother and all. Adam, on the other hand, continuously stared down at his shoes. 

Basically, they looked like they haven't been playing on the same team for the past three years.

"Well don't you two look cute!" I said, immediately having them turn their heads to me "You seriously look like you haven't been friends for three years now guys. Seriously"

"Gabby! You look... hot!" Adam said, causing my cheeks to turn redder by the second. 

Nick, on the other hand, decided to whack Adam's head like he was an arcade game "Ow!" Adam exclaimed as he placed his hand on the back of his head. He turned his head to look at Nick, but Nick was already staring at him with wide eyes.

"I mean... you look... appropriate" Adam rephrased, earning a chuckle from me, and completely fading the blush off of my face. Nick shook his head, then looked at Adam, then at me.

"Being friends is one thing. Dating my sister is another" Nick said. Speak for yourself, asshole!

"Nick, can I talk to you for a sec?" I asked him, with hands crossed over my chest, noting him how this was serious matter of life and death. He nodded and headed off to the kitchen.

"Sit down and wait here. I'll be back in a sec" I told Adam. He nodded as he plopped down the couch and I followed Nick in the kitchen.

"So... what's so important that you have to talk to me with?" he asked, pointing at my crossed arms

"Mind telling me about you and Sarah?" I said. He gulped, then started to open his mouth, then closed it again. He then sighed and then looked down.

"You... found out about that, huh?" he asked

"OF COURSE YOU DUMB ASS!!!! YOU FUCKIN' TOOK MY BEST FRIEND'S VIRGINITY!!!!!" I said out loud, but not loud enough for Adam to hear... unless he's eavesdropping, of course.

"You think Sarah's one of your games, Nick? Well she's not! You freaking hurt her!" 

I sighed, the moment I realized that this was going nowhere.

"Look. I love you... but I love Sarah, too. I don't care if you've talked about it, I know she's still hurting, even if she says she's not!" I said, and Nick just stared down.

"Nick... she likes you--NO WAIT! Erase that! The girl's in love with you Nick. And you hurt her. Just like that.." and thank god, I finally got Nick to look up at me.

"Look, Gabby... I'm sorry if you think that I hurt Sarah and all... but it's not like that..." Nick said as he walked closer to me. He looked at me, then sighed "I--"