I gruffly get off the couch. “Thanks, Piers.”

He nods as I head upstairs, going into my room for a second to see what else Ace brought with him. He said he packed me clothing. He gave me some jeans and shirts, socks, underwear and bras. The underwear includes my most revealing things that I never ever wear. I’m forced to take that, along with a pair of jeans and a shirt.

I find the bathroom easily and shut the door. I grab a towel, throwing it onto the toilet, and leave my clothing on the sink. I let the water warm up a bit and head in. I don’t like cold showers. I like hot ones. The hot water relaxes my muscles, especially after all that running.

I sigh in content, letting the rippling water soothe my back. My brown hair gets extremely dark when it’s wet; almost looking as if it were black. I’ve always liked black hair, but not for me. I’d rather stick to my dark brown, thank you very much.

As I’m rinsing out the shampoo in my hair, I don’t hear the door open that I forgot to lock. I don’t realize that there’s someone in this bathroom until I hear the sink running. I freeze up, staring in the direction of the sink. I move the curtain out of my way, slowly, so they can’t hear anything.

And then I see Ace brushing his teeth. He sees my head pop out from the shower. His mouth is covered in toothpaste. He smirks, nods, and winks at me, then spits it out in the sink. I duck back into the shower, growling. “The fuck, Ace! I’m in the fucking shower! Get out!”

“You didn’t lock the door,” He says nonchalantly.

“I forgot!” I hiss. “Get out!”

I hear his figure come closer to the curtain. I see his shadow outside of it. I gasp at his closeness. “Ace…do not move that shower curtain…”

I can practically hear his smirk singing. “Why?”

“I’m naked! Get the fuck out or so help me I will carve your fangs out of your fucking mouth!”

His hand presses to the curtain to taunt me. “Scared, Scar?”

Oh, how I want to kill him. Badly. But I can’t, because I’m in a shower, naked. “Ace!” I scream out in frustration. “There’s a razor in here and I will cut you with it!”

He snorts. “Sure.”

Ace’s voice holds sarcasm, and we both know I won’t do it. I’ll be too busy trying to cover up. “This isn’t funny. Get out right now!”

He chuckles, slinking back from the shower. “Fine, fine…have it your way…you’re so boring sometimes…” And then the door clicks shut. I sigh in relief, pressing a hand to the shower wall. If he isn’t killed by the Vinges, he most certainly will by me. 

Minutes later, I turn the shower off and grab my towel, drying off. I head to the sink to grab my clothing, but then I realize it’s not there. Confused, I look to the toilet to see if I put over there, but it’s not. I look around and try to find it, but I come up empty-handed.