Chapter 26: Stop Flirting Jason. I'm Here on Business

Jason was already standing outside his house when we got there. Michael wasn't too happy about that. I noticed a few of Jason's pack members standing around. I think they know who is in the car and want to  see what their Alpha's mate looks like. 

Great. . .

There is one guy standing on Jason's right. Shawn is to his left. 

"Before we get out, I want to make sure you understand what I'm doing." I speak up as I turn off the car. 

Michael sighs, "I get it Emma. I just can't believe you'd send me here of all places."

"I was planning on sending you back to California to work on my uncle's ranch." I say, keeping my eyes forward. "Without Jamie." 

I know he's looking at me, shocked that I'd think of something like that, but I don't care. "Jason told me it wasn't a good idea." 

Michael scoffs. "Yeah, right." 

"He told me it'd be torture, if I kept you both that far from each other. Claiming it's already bad enough that he's this far from me." I say skeptically. 

Michael looks at me quizzically. This is the first time I've spoken to him about my relationship with Jason. 

Wait... Did I just say "relationship"?

"Do you love him?" 

All I could do was sigh. "We should get out." 

"Emma--" Michael start, but I stop him. 

"We don't choose our mates MIchael, not like the humans. There's a reason for everything." 

I get out of the car and walk to the front of it. I wait for Michael to get his stuff from the trunk. He joins me and we watch as Jason, Chase and whom I presume is Jason's beta, Andrew, walk toward us. 

Jason is smiling once he reaches us. "Jason." I can't help but smile as he smirks at me. 

Don't start

His grin broadens. "Emma I'd like you to meet my beta, Andrew. Andrew, this is Emma Argent, Alpha of the Black Thorn pack, and my mate." His eyes show pride as he says my full title. 

I roll my eyes and notice his pack straighten up as they hear my name. Andrew bows as he greets me. 

"Alpha Argent, it's a pleasure to finally meet you. I've been looking forward to this for some time. I just wish it was under different circumstances." 

"As do I Beta Pierce." I glance at Michael and see him roll his eyes. 

"Andrew is fine." He responds. 

"Andrew, this is Michael Sanders. He'll be staying with you for the next 2 months." 

"Of course. Michael, if you'll follow me. I'll show you where you'll be sleeping." 

Michael grunts but follows him anyway. I stay behind with Jason and Shawn. 

Shawn looks behind me with a fallen face. "Joey couldn't come?" 

"Sorry Shawn, she's watching Sarah for me." 

"Right." He nods. "I understand." He walks back toward the pack house. 

"He looks like a lost puppy." I say. 

Jason looks over his shoulder. "He just found his mate and can't see her until tomorrow. He misses her." He turns back to me, love showing in his eyes. 

I smirk at him. "Stop flirting Jason. I'm here on business." 

He smirks back as we walk to the front door. His men out front bow their heads in respect. I nod back in acknowledgment. They don't seem like they're in the drug business. That could just be Jason.