Chapter 14: I Think I'm Going To Like Math

~*Edited to my liking*~

January 4 - First Day (Continued)

It's finally lunch time. Only two more classes to go.

My last class was pretty chill. I was an aid for the office. There, I help organize things, go on errands for the different offices, and pick up students from their classes. 

Lucky for me, Lizzie is an aid for that period too. It gave me the chance to get to know her a little bit more.

~*Flashback*~

"So how old are you Lizzie?"

"16."

"Cool. Jacob is too."

She just nods her head.

"Did you guys get a chance to talk in second?"

"Not really. The teacher had him sit in the middle of the rows. I sit in the front."

"Oh."

"Hey, Emma?" 

"Yeah?"

"What's Jacob like?"

I snort. "I don't think I should answer that."

"Why not?" She slowly frowns.

I chuckle.

"I don't want my brother to get pissed if I say the wrong things about him."

Lizzie furrows her eyebrows.

"Your brother?"

"Yeah . . . I'm an alpha . . . And Jacob is in my pack, so that kind of makes him my brother."

"Oh. I've never met a female alpha before."

"I get that a lot." We both laugh.

"Do you have any plans for lunch today?" I ask.

"Not that I know of. Why?"

"I was wondering if you'd like to join us. I'm pretty sure Jacob will be there."

Lizzie's cheeks redden.

"Sure."

"Cool."

"Oh. And Lizzie?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you in any pack?"

"No." She trails off.

"One thing about you and Jacob."

Lizzie stayed quiet.

"Be careful what you do together. If you decide to be together, just know that I'm very protective of my pack. Okay?"

She nods her head, slightly shaking.

"Good." I smile.

"Come on. We have to drop these envelopes off, in the business and activities office."

~*End of Flashback*~

"Hey guys. Look who came to eat with us."

The pack is already at a lunch table with their lunch. They all look up at me and Lizzie. Jacob is completely frozen. Kinda cute, if you think about it.