Chapter 3: Sarah Emily Argent II

~*Edited to my liking*~

December 4

"Emma." I feel something poking my side. "Emma, wake up." 

"Ugh. Five more minutes mom." I pull the blanket over my head.

I hear a little giggle next to me. "It's Sarah. Wake up."

I peek my head out of the blanket. "Sorry, Sarah."

She giggles again. "It's okay. Emma?" 

"Yeah?" I yawn and I stretch. 

"I'm getting hungry. Can we get something to eat?" 

"Sure. Then after, we could go shopping for some new clothes."

"Shopping?!"

It's scary how Joey can sleep through a fire and yet the word 'shopping' has her up and ready in five minutes.

"How do you do that?" I say, staring at her.

"It's a gift." 

Sarah smiles when Joey winks at her.

~~*Flashback*~~

I reached my motel room with Sarah still in my arms. Joey and Anna were inside trying on their new outfits. They both stopped and stared at the little girl in my arms.

"Hey guys."

"Uh . . . Hey Emma . . . " Joey replied.

I walked over to my bed and laid Sarah down. I felt eyes on both Sarah and I. I looked over at the girls. "What?"

"Emma. Who the hell is that?" Anna pointed at Sarah.

"This is Sarah. I . . uh . . I rescued her."

"What? Why did you bring her here? Where are her parents?" Joey asked.

I let out a sigh. I walked over and pulled them into the bathroom. "It's kind of a long story. As for her parents, they're dead. I'm taking care of her now."

"WHAT?!"  I quickly threw my hand over Anna's mouth.

"Shhh! She's sleeping Anna!"  I whispered loudly.

"Sorry." Anna replied. "What do you mean it's a long story? What the hell happened?" I gave them a sheepish grin.

"Emma! What did you do?" Joey always got worried when I would fight. 

"What makes you think this is my fault. I was only defending--"

I was cut off by the breaking of my bedroom door. "Emma?! Emma! Where are--"

I ran out of the bathroom and see Michael, Jamie, and Jacob in the room. All three were staring at Sarah, who was now awake and startled by the loud noise and five strangers in the room.

"Emma!" Jacob ran up and hugged me. "Are you okay? You didn't answer your phone!"

"I left it here in my room." I pulled away from him and sat next to Sarah.

"It's okay, sweetie. They won't hurt you." I assured her.

Sarah clung to me.

"Don't worry, Sarah. They're my family." I smiled at her.

"Oh." She keeps her eyes down. I think she's still shaken up from earlier.

"Everyone. I'd like you to meet Sarah. She's going to be staying with us."