Chapter 24: Don't Kiss Ass Jason. It's Not Attractive.

Emma's POV 

Blood was dripping out of my mouth, but it wasn't mine. The wolf pinned beneath me was struggling to get out of my hold. But if he kept moving like that, he will lose more blood. 

The other wolves had severe injuries as well. If they didn't give up now, my pack and Jason's will finish them off. None of our wounds are that bad. 

I stare down at the wolf in front of me. He's no Alpha but I think he's head of this group. They don't look like rogues either. If they're from another pack, then that means they were here on purpose. 

That means they were here for Sarah. But how did they know she would be out in the forest? 

Growling, I stare down my enemy. Being lower rank, he gives in easily. He says something to the others before changing into his human form, causing me to step back from him. His fellow wolves stand down. I keep mine in position, just in case. Jason walks up next to me. 

What the f*ck? 

What is it? 

Nothing. I'll tell you later. 

He better. 

"We will leave." The guy says. "All we ask is that you allow us to take our dead friends with us." 

I look over at Jason. He nods his head. I face forward and nod my head. 

Tell your three to move back.

Okay. 

Guys stand back so they can take the five dead bodies. 

The others move back. As do I and Jason. We walk backwards until we're right in front of Sarah. Joey and her mate, I don't know his name yet, stand to our sides as Sarah trots in between us. 

The wolves take their dead and run off. I order Joey and Jacob to make sure they don't come back. Joey's mate goes with her after receiving permission from Jason. Anna and Michael do a small search towards the stream to make sure it's clear of any other intruders. 

That leaves me alone with Jason and Sarah. 

It's then I realized the white ball of fur sitting in between my legs looking up at us. 

Sarah? When . . . When did you change? 

She looks down at the ground kicking the dirt with her paw. 

A few weeks ago . . . At school . . . 

What? Why didn't you tell me. I wasn't angry, just worried that she morphed into a wolf all by herself. 

I didn't know how to tell you. She looks up at me. I thought you would be mad. Oh my god. She is literally giving me her puppy dog eyes. 

Oh, Sarah. I rub my snout against hers. 

I would never get upset about something like that. Truth be told, I'm happy. And I'm so proud of you for doing it on your own. I didn't change into my wolf until I was nine. 

Really? 

Really. Jason responds. I look up at him. We're both proud of you. You're growing up. He looked at her and she barked at our praise. 

But that doesn't mean you're not in trouble, Sarah. You're not supposed to be in the forest by yourself. 

I know. She bowed her head.