Culture shock

Standing there with the screaming girls, I leaned back onto the bridge that we were forced on near. Tapping my foot, I listened vaguely to Carly speak gibberish to another girl wearing an I heart One Direction t-shirt. It was cute seeing Carly amongst her people. The jingle of a text broke me from my eavesdropping. Pulling out my phone, I opened and entered my pin. The message that popped up made me smile like an idiot.

Unknown:

It’s really easy to spot you in the crowd, twelve floors up. By the way, you dominated that last packet of crisps :-) xx.

I quickly replied to him.

It’s not hard when you’re probably the eldest person here, twelve floors up? Managed to sneak past the girls and get to your room huh?

He was hot on my trail to reply.

When you’re as slick as us, getting into our hotel is child’s play, am I going to be lucky enough to see you grace us with your presence at the arena tonight?

Bitting my lip, I laughed lightly. Turning to Carly “Hey Carly, did you end up getting tickets tonight?” I asked, she dropped her head and shook it.

“No, stupid directionators” she mumbled, crossing her arms.

I took a deep breath and replied.

Nah, I was thinking about hitting up another boy bands concert tonight :-)

Locking my phone, I put it away. Suck on that Popsicle, I thought to myself. Chuckling internally, I attempted to pay attention to Carly talking about something they did.

“I just wish I could even meet them once, I know it would change my life forever!” she was complaining.

My phone vibrated again, pulling it out I smirked at the response.

Another boy band, I thought we were exclusive! Oh the deception, you betrayed me!

I could almost feel the smile that would be placed on his face.

I’m not a exclusive kind of girl with bands such as yours, I told you this when I saw your poster for the first time, I thought you understood?

“Who are you texting?” I heard Carly say, peering over at my phone.

“Boy band!” she squeaked, shit!

“Yeah, I’m texting one of Michaels friends from his sport club” I said, my voice cracking saying his name.

My heart almost felt like it was ripped from my chest. I was here, aimlessly flirting with this boy only three months after the love of my life died. Coming to pick me up from a party, he begged me not to go to. I felt the tears begin to prickle up in my eyes.  Carly looked at me with sad eyes, wrapping me up in a hug. I felt two tears fall from my eyes.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to make you cry” she whispered, I laughed slightly.

“I’m just pathetic” I replied, pushing her away from me.

Turning away from the hotel, I wiped away the tears and turned back around and waved my hand away from her advancing to hug me again. Looking down to read my reply, I used this as a chance to avoid the few glances we got from girls around us.

You’re a dork! What are you doing later, say seven?

I took a deep breath and pursed my lips at the phone. My mind instantly went seedy.

I want to say you, but most defiantly nothing :-)

I bit my lip, this was becoming surreal. Turning to Carly, I smiled lightly at her. She shot me a sympathetic look.