Memories of the past

authors note:

Here's another chapter for you wonderful people. I didn't know how to end this one but I feel satisfied with the way I ended things. I want to do a quick shout out to all the users who've either Favorited my story or followed it:

Biankia, OneAnimeGirl, Firefoxxe, pinksakura17, and KuroNekoGami

There are other's but I just changed my email for my notifications because my account was set up with an email that I no longer use so, for the people who followed before I changed, I thank you for following my story!

I really hope you guys are liking my story so far because I'm really enjoying writing it for you. This is really helping me get through a lot of the stress that I have during the week and, as a result, you guys get a story that you like!  I still want reviews but I won't press for them because having people follow my story is nice too...and seeing the views is also a good ego boost when I publish as well. 

 "Love is the voice under all silences, the hope which has no opposite in fear; the strength so strong mere force is feebleness: the truth more first than sun, more last than star."  

E.E Cummings. 

Hope you enjoy the story and have a nice day.

The air was stiff. A misty haze of fog had covered the entire area as if it were the beginnings of a twisted dream of a reality long forgotten. There existed a ghostly silence that echoed in to the distance like ripples in a river; however, when fragments of sound cut through the smog the earth would lightly quake for a brief moment then shudder back in to oblivion. From a distance, the sight seemed all to surreal; despite seeing a few trees and small beams of sunlight from the sky, all that existed was this grayish nightmare. From all ends of the earth that existed there stood a darkness that was slowly drawing itself to the scene and, rising to this darkness, were five blurry figures riding their horses towards it a full speed. Four faces of the group were indiscernible, eyes and lips seemingly erased; however, the face leading the group was as clear as a crystal lake. Dull silver eyes looked off in to the distance, raven hair battling with the winds that crushed around them and, though he had this bored expression on his face, his actions spoke louder than the emotions that had fallen from his face.  

"Gunther!" Levi exclaimed. Reining in his horse, he came to a halt and turned to look behind him. Eyes widened for a fraction then he pointed off to an unseen direction and nodded his head. "Head west with Oluo and lay out the formation." The figures he'd directed his attention to gave him a curt nod and rode their horses off in to their directed position. Then, moments later, Levi turned to the final member of the group and closed his eyes. "Petra, you'll head east and distract any of the titans from my position." With a lone hand balled up and proudly fastened to the figures chest, a final salute was given before Petra rode away. 

"I won't let you down, Sir!" shouted the figure before riding away from him. With one final nod, he looked to his left and right and noticed that he could no longer make out the blurred visions of his crew and only noticed tiny specks of wind rushing away in to the darkness that was closing in on them. 

"Be sure that you don't," Levi muttered. Looking before him, he had a clear view of the scene before him, the fog that was drawing closer and closer to him by the second. He'd made the decision to travel to it; however, without trying the fog was coming to him and that sent a wave of displeasure throughout his cold body. Winds, cold and fierce, wrapped around him in one gusted wave and almost forced him to the ground but he held fast and, through clenched eyes, attempted to see off in to the distance once more.