(18) Guilty Freedom

• Dedicated to all of my readers

Peyton's POV

I was walking down the school corridor, an injured Sebastian next to me as he tried is best to keep up with my powering steps. It wasn't my fault I was going so fast. I was desperate to get to English - something that was usually Sebastian's job - because I needed to see if that jackass James was still attending this school. He didn't deserve to. I would kill him and the Principle alike if he was still here.

I don't think I had anything to worry about. I was sure the principle had a brain; I was sure he would see sense and kick James along with that tiny stick he calls a penis out of this school. Then, and only then, I would be happy. Until then, I was ready to go all crazy-ass butch Peyton and I wouldn't stop until James was gone. 

But, as I've said, I was pretty sure it wouldn't come to that. "Hey, Peyton, honey, I know you're all concerned about James and you have your strong, independent woman side showing, but could you slow down? I think I might trip and break my leg if I have to keep up with that pace."

I sighed, stopping in my tracks and looking back to see Seb trailing a few steps behind me. "Sorry, Seb." I said. "I just can't get over what that dick did to you."

Sebastian smiled at me, lifting up his broken arm by the elbow. "Me neither." he said. "My arm is very adamant to be a pain."

I shook my head, walking back to where Sebastian stood and linking my arm with his unbroken one. "Sorry. I'm being a bit of an inconsiderate dick."

"Nah." he said, smiling down at me as the two of us made our way forward, our pace steady. "You're being very thoughtful and kind. I can forgive a little bit of running."

"I was not running."

"Sure seemed like it. You were like that dog from that film - what's it called - Buddy? Dash? Jolt - oh! Oh - Bolt! Bolt! You were like that white Bolt dog. Yo'know, from the Disney film."

I smiled. "I'm familiar." I said. "But I was not like that...dog. I'm not a dog, for one thing. Also, Peyton Cooper doesn't run."

"Unless it's to have sex with her girlfriend."

I scoffed, spluttering my words as my face went red. "That - that was one time and she told me she was in trouble!"

Sebastian laughed, but given his winded lungs and broken rib, it easily turned into a cough and made him kneel over in pain. "I don't believe that for a second." he wheezed. 

I fluttered over him, my hand rubbing his back. "Are you sure you should be in school, Seb? You still seem really unwell."

Sebastian sighed. "If I had to stay at home and listen to my little sister sing High School Musical one more time I was going to go insane. So I'm back a week early, so what?" he shakily pushed himself up and took a deep breath in. "I need this. I need to see Noah and I cannot stand the idea of lying in bed any longer."

 I nodded. "I get it. Being at home for longer than a second at the moment is like being in the World War One trenches."

Sebastian sighed. "Well, your father is being a dick. I don't blame you. I saw him out the other day, down in the town centre, and he wouldn't even look at me. I felt like he wanted to murder me, though; I mean he wasn't even looking at me and still I could feel his glare."

"God, he's an ass." I said, just as the two of us pull into Noah's English classroom.

 Noah was there, looking all cute and superstar. The guy was perfect - his smile shone and his eyes screamed inteligence but begged like a puppy. His hair was perfect as usual, and Sebastian immedately parted from me and made his way over to him.