(3) Guilty Feelings

Peyton's POV

"Sebastian I don't know if I can do this." I was biting my lip so hard I wouldn't be surprised if it started to bleed. "I'm just too nervous. Maybe I should just -"

"No!" Sebastian's voice rang through the phone and I sighed. I could almost feel him pushing me down the hall towards her classroom. "No." He said, slightly calmer. "You've already agreed to it, you can't just cancel on her." I could almost see the cheeky grin on his face as he spoke his next sentence. "She'll be so disappointed if you cancel your date."

I groaned and carried on walking down the now empty corridor. "It's not a date!" I whined, wishing more than anything it was. "She's just helping me study."

"Right." Sebastian said, holding the word. "Study. Gotcha." I rolled my eyes. "Are you there yet?" He asked me.

Swallowing my nerves, I spoke. "Yes." I whispered. "I'm outside her classroom now."

It was true. I had stopped outside her classroom and pressed myself against the wall, so she couldn't see me through the door's window. "Well go on in then!" My best friend said enthusiastically. "Don't let me stop you!"

I was about to protest and announce my nerves again, but he hung up before I had the chance. "Balls." I said. I don't know what it is with that word, but I love it. In fact, it's the only swear word I use. Okay, so in extreme cases I do use more aggressive swears, but usually it's just balls. Gulping, I opened her door and walked in. It's only been a couple of hours since I saw her yet I still feel like my emotions are going to drown me. Every time I even glance at her I have trouble controlling myself. Man, I really need to grow up. It's not like I'm in love with her or anything. Besides, as if she would ever feel the same way.

As I walked in, Miss Willis looked up from the book she was marking and smiled at me. "Peyton!" Her grin was worth more than all the money in the world. "Nice to see you again. Please, sit." She gestured to the seat on the other side of her desk, and I sat. 

I played with my fingers. "H-how are you, Miss?"

I watched as she closed the book in front of her and moved it to the side. "Clearly better than you." She said, a slight laugh in her voice. "Why are you so nervous?"

I bit my lip. You make me nervous. "I don't know." I lied.

She rolled her eyes at me jokingly, and spoke. "Right!" She said, moving the subject onwards and - thankfully - letting my nerves slide. "Shall we get started?"

I nodded, pulling my pencil case and maths book out of my bag and placing them on the table. "To be honest, Peyton, I don't know if you actually need help, but maybe if in the end you are too smart for this, I can just help you get over your fear of taking tests?"

I knitted my eyebrows together. "You can do that?"

"I can damn well try!" Her smile was back, so radiant I even saw the happiness it contained in her eyes. I tried my hardest not to faint, thankful when I managed.

"So...err, what are we starting on?"

"I was thinking maybe algebra." I saw the passion for maths twinkling in her eyes, and I grinned. It was so cute how she loved maths so much.

I gave another nod and tried my best to suppress a groan. "Sounds...great?"

She laughed.

**

Okay Peyton, half an hour down, another half an hour to go. Then you can go home and relax, without thinking a word of Miss Willis, before you prepare to go out tonight with Sebastian.