(8) Guilty Friends

Peyton's POV

"I just realised." Aubree said, looking to me quickly before settling her eyes on the road again. "You've never been to my flat before."

I nodded and looked at her. Aubree's beautiful long red hair was up in a loose ponytail, and she wore her glasses that framed her face. Her lips looked plump and kissable, while her eyes looked like deep mossy green pools. I bit my lip again, she's just too gorgeous to be mine.

Okay, note to self. Stop biting your lip every time you look at her or your going to lose it.

Aubree glanced at me, and it was then I realised I haven't yet answered her. "No." I gulped. "I haven't. But I've been to Grace's."

Aubree smiled lightly. "Don't remind me." She said. "I get a headache just thinking about that night."

The humor in her voice made me laugh lightly, and I turned my eyes back to the road. "Sebastian saw the present you left on my neck."

I saw her bite the inside of her cheek, and she squeezed the steering wheel. "He did?"

I nodded, pursing my lips. "Yes, and he's suspicious."

"I'm not surprised."

"No." I sighed, "I'm not either. Can we not even make it one day?"

Aubree pulled over and parked. I guessed this was where she lived. "I don't know." She looked at me, and I back. "Are we fooling ourselves? Thinking this would work?"

I closed my eyes and looked down. "All I know is that this can't end, Aubree." I felt her grab my hand, and I opened my eyes to see her hand in mine. "I've been trying to get you since the second I saw you, and now that I've seen what the two of us together is like, I can't just let it go." I gulped and looked up, a sad, sheepish smile on my face. "I know that's cheesy, but it's true and I don't want this to end. Especially after how long I've waited for this."

Aubree smiled, half with humor, half with joy. "Good." She said. "Because I don't want this to end either."

She gave me a sweet kiss before continuing. "And we're here." She said, opening her door to get out. "Come on, I'll show you around."

 **

Aubree's apartment was nice. Like really nice. It was lovely and modern, and it had this warm, welcoming feeling to it, like a fire tends to have. I would have said it was about half six at night, and Aubree and I were in the kitchen, with her slaving away.

"I'm not the best cook, Peyton." She said, smiling lightly at me.

I rolled my eyes, jokingly. "I can barely make a sandwich, so whatever you have in store will be a nice change for me."

"It's only ravioli in a mascarpone sauce." Aubree said as she drained out the pasta.

I licked my lips as she served the food into the two bowls. "It's hot and it's tasty, what more could a girl ask for?"

Aubree laughed slightly and kissed my forehead. "As long as you're not expecting Jamie Oliver at work here, then I'm sure it'll taste just fine."

"If you made it I'm sure it'll taste awesome."

"Peyton, the pasta and sauce are both store-bought. I've barely done anything." She smiled at me and handed me a meal, "But thank you all the same."

The two of us took our meals and sat at the table, chatting about everything and anything."So, where do your parents live?"

"Not far from here." Aubree replied. "A few miles east."

I nodded. "I'd tell you where mine live, but I think that should be obvious."