(5) Guilty Girlfriends

Peyton's POV

It's been two weeks since the night at the club. I've tried my very hardest to ignore Miss Willis, but the fact is it's such an impossible task. How can I ignore those eyes? Her heavenly voice? The way she smiles slightly every time a student shows an interest in maths?

How can I ignore her?

I can't. Especially not on a Thursday. I've still been going to our after school study sessions, and anytime Miss Willis mentions anything even remotely off of the subject of maths, I would just ask her some stupid maths question I already knew the answer to. Something along the lines of : what are the first five digits of pi? 

3.1415

 I've barely seen Sebastian recently, either. He's been acting weird these last few days. I miss him. I miss her. I don't know how long I can keep up the act of ignoring Miss Willis, because every part of me craves her. How are you supposed to ignore someone you not only see on a daily basis, but who also tries their hardest to talk to you?

This same thing happened with Jessica - my ex-girlfriend. I tried as hard as I possibly could to ignore her, but in the end she just followed me around, annoying me and prodding until I finally spoke to her. I mean, I want to talk to Miss Willis, I really do!

...but I've caused enough damage.

I was leaning against my locker. Lunch didn't end for about another ten minutes, and Sebastian had run off somewhere, claiming he 'had somewhere he needed to be'. 

I sighed. I was bored. In fact, if I was still...whatever I was with Miss Willis I would go and talk to her right now, but I can't. I turned around and took my maths book out of my locker, I had English next, with Sebastian and Mr Mathews, but I needed it for after school. As I shoved it into my bag, my locker slammed shut. 

Standing in front of me was Jessica. "Hey, Peyton."

I cringed. Oh, balls. "Hi, Jessica...long time no see. How's Brittany? Or Sam? Ella? Rachel?" I paused, narrowing my eyes at her. "What about Lily? Is she okay? I haven't seen her since she was last under you. Oh wait, sorry. It was rude of me to assume. Have you moved on to someone else?"

Jessica leaned against the locker next to mine. "You know they meant nothing to me."

"And yet they were still worth wrecking our relationship for. Breaking my heart, over and over." I turned to her, crossing my arms. "What do you want, Jess?"

She gave a little apologetic smile. "You, of course." 

 I ignored the overwhelming urge to slap her in the face, an urge I have failed with in the past, and instead, I gently played with her fingers."Well, I want you too baby." I said. 

"Really?!" Jessica moved closer to me, placing a hand on my arm.

I snorted. "Not in the way you're thinking. Dead, maybe." I pushed her hand off of me. "Why are you talking to me?"

I started to walk away, knowing she would follow, as I made my way down the corridor towards the English block. "I wanted to see you."

"Okay." I said. "You've seen me. Now, bu-bye."

She stood in front of me, stopping me in my tracks. "That's not what I meant."

I sighed. "Well Jessica, I don't want to see you."

"And you have every right to not want to see me!" She ran a hand through her black hair, her blue eyes clouded with worry. "I miss you so much. I was an idiot to do what I did to you an -"