(4) Guilty Fun

Aubree's POV

 I watched as Grace tried yet again to make a move on Sebastian who, yet again, just gently pushed her back and laughed it off. He's a great guy, Sebastian, but he was going to have to deal with drunken Grace on his own, for I had to deal with a drunken Peyton.

Peyton had ordered yet another cocktail from a passing waiter, and I knew I was going to have to steal it from her. 

 "Peyton," I said, trying not to laugh at her intoxicated self. "You don't need another."

She smiled at me, and although it was a very drunk smile, it was still stunning. "No," She said, agreeing with me. "But you do. You need to loosen up a bit!"

I bit my lip, resisting the urge to grin like a child. "There is a difference between 'loosening up' and 'losing it', Peyton." I said, "And you have crossed to the other side."

"Then join me." She slid across the booth seat and placed her face centimetres in front of mine. She wrapped her hands around my neck.

I could smell her perfume. I wanted more than anything to know if Peyton's lips still tasted of apples, but instead of kissing her, I sighed and pulled back a bit. I couldn't kiss her, not again. Peyton laughed, removing her hands from me. "You're right Grace!" Peyton said to my best friend, "That was fun!"

Grace laughed, putting her arm around Sebastian who just smiled. "And she's secretly aroused now, too!"

The two girls laughed heavily, followed by Sebastian. I blushed. "I am not!"

"Are too!" Grace argued.

"D2!" Peyton and Sebastian said in unison, following it with a high-five. 

I gave a small smile. That was really cute. The waiter came along with Peyton's drink, and I snatched it from the tray before she could grab it. "Hey!" I heard her say, but I was too busy chugging her cocktail to see her expression. Peyton didn't need more alcohol. This is the only way I can prevent her from having it.

As I slammed the glass down onto the table, I saw two very stunned faces. Sebastian's face, however, was too busy flirting with the waiter.

"What?" I asked, trying to seem innocent. "I was thirsty."

 Suddenly, Peyton and Grace both burst into fits of laughter, and I beamed at both of them. In some ways, the two of them were pretty alike. Peyton hadn't moved away from me, I noticed. She was so close to me our legs were touching, our arms brushing each other every time one of us moved. I closed my eyes.

Emily. Emily. Emily. Emily. Think of Emily.

"Oh, loosen up!" Grace said to me, knocking me slightly, causing me to fall into Peyton. I think she did that on purpose. Looking at her, she gave me a devious smile, and I realised my assumptions were correct. Even drunk my Grace was a cunning girl.

Peyton lifted my chin so I met her gorgeous brown eyes. Thinking she was about to kiss me, the butterflies in my stomach erupted. But she never did. Instead, she gave me a beautiful smile and spoke, her words slurring. "I'm gunna get a-another...err...drink! Another drink. Staying or coming, beautiful?"

I gulped. Holy crap, she called me beautiful. Is it totally inappropriate for me to kiss her right now? 

Well, yeah. You have a girlfriend, idiot.

But I've already broken so many rules...

I couldn't just leave Peyton by herself, who knows what she might get up to? Someone could try to take advantage of her or worse! No, I couldn't leave her.