Chapter 72

Michael POV

When I saw my wife fell my eyes dilated. It was after that I saw that her leg was wounded. So much blood was on the floor. Her dress was soaked.

I ran over and lifted the chair with her on it. I untied her arms and legs. I took her from the chair then I sat on the floor with her head laying on my leg then I laid my hand on her belly. She fell hard. Would something happened to her and my babies?

I needed to get her to the hospital. Her eyes were just ajar.

I felt wetness and took my hand from her belly, when I looked at it there was blood. My eyes watered instantly.

"No". My heart felt as if it was struck by lightening. She was dying. She looked me in the eyes. She tried to speak.

"Shhh don't say anything. You'll be ok..save your strength baby".

I was about to stand and made a call on my cellphone for help when it rang. I ignored it all day but I couldn't anymore. My wife was dying and needed medical attention immediately.

"Father get to my old house now. Akeilia is seriously hurt. Please. I'll explain later". I already felt the tears streaming down my jaw.

"Already there. I'd been trying to get through to you all day. Even in a time like this you still think you can do everything on your own!" I couldn't argue with him there, because he was right. Also if I hadn't been stubborn this wouldn't have happened to Akeilia. If only I'd listened to her in the first place. Leon would've also still be alive too.

"I-I'M in the basement". I put the phone on the floor.

"Hang in there baby". I looked up. I simultaneously shut my eyes and gritted my teeth to prevent me from crying out. Please god don't let her die.

I looked down at her.

"Just hang in there". I can't lose her. Might as well I die right now. She's one in a million. I can't lose her.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I should've listened to you".

Too late for that.

I calmed just a bit. I think it was from shock.

"Akeilia".

I looked at both of her eyes. They were completely closed now. She'd stopped breathing.

No. Hell no!

I quickly put my hand on the pulse at her neck. I made one heavy devastating exhale through my mouth. More tears fell from my eyes after I got no pulse.

"No K-bear you can't be dead". I lifted both of her eyelids but they shut instantly.

"Akeilia wake up. Wake up! Oh god no". I lightly slapped her cheeks.

"Akeilia". I looked up at dad who'd called out her name.

Malcolm and three other officers lifted her from my lap.

I watched as they carried her away. Nathan followed them.

"Michael". I familiar voice said before the person kneeled beside me and hugged me. I didn't realize that the lights came on.

"Amelia". I said in despair.

"I good no pulse".

"I'm so sorry Michael". Amelia hugged me tighter, trying to comfort me, but it didn't work.

"Ahhh!" My eyes found the person that cried out. I unwrapped Amelia's hands from around me. Then I stood.

"Everyone get out". I ordered without looking at any of them. Others were in here but I didn't took the time out to recognized them. I was angry. Extremely.