"Dessiah stay with me baby."

*Play music here.

'Awww look at Detrick. He's so amazing and sweet. He is everything I used to pray to God for when I was a little girl. He's sensitive, funny, kind, protective, and so loving. Sometimes I wish that he was Delaney's father. Technically he is if you think about it. He loves her so much and I know that he will always be by her side. Life is amazing when you choose to live it. Thank you God for allowing me to live it just the way I have. I've loved and I've lost and loved again. Detrick was greater than any prayer I could have said. Its almost like I had to experience all the hell I went through to feel heaven in his presence. Oh baby don't cry. It's okay. I hope he knows how much he and Delaney mean to me. Can you imagine wondering what real love feels like? Or not knowing how to be the best parent? Yet to be loved by someone so great and give live to a little person who inspires you more than anyone you could have met or loss. How blessed am I?' Dessiah tried hard to keep her eyes open and on Detrick. When he saw her eyes falling he shook her to open them and she did slowly. He wept over her body when the ambulance came to remove him from her. Delaney clung to his leg as he stood watching Dessiah being put on the gurney as if in slow motion.

No one tells you that when you're shot there's a helpless feeling that comes over you and makes you feel as if fighting is what you should be doing but have no strength for.

Epilogue

"And now we will have Delaney Simmons come forward to read Psalms 27." Everyone in the church supportively clapped as she took the Pastors Mic and standing at the Altar. In Delaney fashion she bypassed the mic that was there to take the Pastors.

"Hello everybody." Delaney spoke into the mic.

"Hello." The church responded.

"I wanted to read Psalms 27 because my Mommy loves it. I thought if my Mommy loves it then everyone will love it too because she's awesome and so am I." Everyone smiled. Delaney cleared her throat and began to read with so much conviction and understanding that there wasn't a dry eye in the house.

Psalm 27

Of David.

1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—

whom shall I fear?

The LORD is the stronghold of my life—

of whom shall I be afraid?

2 When the wicked advance against me

to devour[a] me,

it is my enemies and my foes

who will stumble and fall.

3 Though an army besiege me,

my heart will not fear;

though war break out against me,

even then I will be confident.

4 One thing I ask from the LORD,

this only do I seek:

that I may dwell in the house of the LORD

all the days of my life,

to gaze on the beauty of the LORD

and to seek him in his temple.

5 For in the day of trouble

he will keep me safe in his dwelling;

he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent

and set me high upon a rock.